The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Switzerland vs. Canada | Quarterfinal | Aug. 17, 2022 | 4:00 PM PT

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I believe we play Finland if USA win their game.

It should be a crossover with the other group but I get why it's not in regular WJC where you get unbalanced groups based on last year.

Does that mean USA gets first on goal difference or am I totally out to lunch?

Tried to look it up but it was unambiguous.

Edited by Gawdzukes

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It should be a crossover with the other group but I get why it's not in regular WJC where you get unbalanced groups based on last year.

Does that mean USA gets first on goal difference or am I totally out to lunch?

It depends on their game later today against Czechia. If it's a blowout, then they get the advantage in goal difference and I think then we would play Sweden.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Definitely.  He's been outstanding and we would be in serious trouble if he had started.

It's a wake-up call for Canada. This was probably our worst performance of the tournament. If we can play like we did against Finland, then we should be able to compete for gold. If Greig is out next game, that is going to be a huge loss.

43 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Yup, not good. We got Fleury and Price but age is catching up. As of now I don’t think we got a top 10 goalie in the league. Fleury, maybe?

Russia - Igor, Vasi, Sorokin

Sweden - Markstrom

USA - Demko, Oettinger, Hellybuck, Campbell

Finland - Saros

Denmark - Andersen

Miss those Luongo and Brodeur days.

I must say Tristan Jarry is pretty damn good.

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Biasca was good, but they could have given the player of the game to Pasche as well for Switzerland.

Well deserved for Stankoven to receive it for Canada. In a redraft, he probably would have been selected in the first round of the 2021 draft -- great pickup for the Stars.

I wanted Stankoven so badly when he was still available. I like Klimovich and think he will work out, but Stankoven was obviously good value by that point.