The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames sign Nazem Kadri

8 minutes ago, awalk said:

Thank GAWD this off season got real boring real fast.

I've always hated Calgary but gotta give respect where it's due... hell of a job salvaging this off season. They are better defensively and grittier, and they didn't lose that much offensive punch. With Markstrom in net, they are a cup contender with this lineup.

Unreal moves, comes out swinging and lands a top 10 winger and top 30 center….Kadri replaces Bradeys grit and in a more valuable way ie: being a damn good centerman. Hubedeau easily replaces lil johnny and adds more size to the line up…This team took a step forward this off season. What a turnaround….gonna be a shit show to play against, good test for our young team.

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 204CanucksFan said:

I wonder how they fit this under the cap. Only $2.76 mil in cap space currently but they also have at least 5, quality, top 4 dmen on their roster. 

Going to be very interesting to see the next domino fall in Cowtown.

Monahan will be moved.

Very hard to break into the top two of Edmonton and Calgary now. Reminds me of the mid to late 80s. Who knows though, there are always a few big surprises every year and we could still have an insane year and challenge these guys.

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

That guy is losing his marbles. His team is going to suck, and he's probably going to be fired as GM by the end of the season, or maybe even sooner than that. 

This will help Calgary big time for next 2-3 years #2 centre..Long term if its a 7 yr X 8 million this will hurt Calgary in last 4 years of the deal. Calgary have top defence when they added Weeger this off season..

1. Colorado 2. Calgary

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Very hard to break into the top two of Edmonton and Calgary now. Reminds me of the mid to late 80s. Who knows though, there are always a few big surprises every year and we could still have an insane year and challenge these guys.

Those were the hey day of the battles of Alberta…would love to see that come back. Lots of passion and pride in those games. I was a kid in the 80’s and before I knew of the Canucks (even tho I was living in van lol) I was an Oiler fan and loved Gretz…then I realized I was a traitor and got on the proper train in the 90’s ::D

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Calgary's team is better than last year, especially for playoffs.

They improved on defense by getting Weegar, and then they got better down the middle with Kadri, and also getting Huberdeau over Gaudreau (which I think is an improvement).

They might have a shorter window with this group, but it's letting more light in.

Unlike Toronto that never seems to try to get better in the playoffs. LOL