The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames sign Nazem Kadri

On 8/29/2022 at 11:01 AM, GB5 said:

I kinda of call BS on that.

The reason he hang out so long as a UFA is because other teams understand that Kadri is really an aging 50-60 point player who benefitted immensely from playing on a high powered Colorado team.

Completely agree and like Huberdeau there's no way those last few seasons end up well when they're that old.

I think fans are in for a big surprise on thinking that they're better than last season. There's an adjustment period for new players and Gaudreau and Tkachuk brought an awful lot to the team in lots of facets that will be really missed.

Also what made me happy because I hate the Flames is that Weeger and Huberdeau were both top 7 in the whole NHL in turnovers and a lot of Florida fans really soured on Weeger and Huberdeau and a lot of that was because of a bad post seasons they had making mistakes that cost the team goals against and not doing much to help the team win offensively.

The other big thing is management didn't think that overall Huberdeau and Weeger were going to be worth the term and money they'd want and were actually trying to trade Weeger.

I laugh at how so many people think the Flames did so great and will be so much better including some here lol

To me this has the potential to be a massive overpayment and huge bust they could regret especially if they give Weeger huge term and money like the others.

Edited by Podkolzins Snipe
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1