The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames sign Nazem Kadri

12 minutes ago, Devron said:

Calgary Is going to be very good for a few years but I’m happy it’s a 7 year deal for a 32 year old 

Totally. Also causes a bit of concern as to what the term/AAV means for our top player should we not have a contract/traded by beginning of season and talks are cut off. Just hope it’s doesn’t become a lame duck situation. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Devron said:

Calgary Is going to be very good for a few years but I’m happy it’s a 7 year deal for a 32 year old 

Yep. Calgary’s window is RIGHT NOW and they are doing what they can to go for it. When their window has closed it should be right around the time ours will open.

Amazing job by Treliving. Running circles around our dithering “All Star” management group. 

• Cheers 3

Calgary clearly believes it has a roster to compete for the next few seasons.  They might be right.

Treliving has done a really good job in difficult circumstances.

Pushing his chips in while he has a Vezina calibre goalie isn’t a bad plan and he has certainly turned around the perception of a floundering organization from the start of the post season.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Well Calgary just locked up top 2 in the division if not another division title. 

I'm predicting that through an unprecedented combination of injuries, bad luck, lack of chemistry and coaching issues that the Flames will have a rotten season next year. 

On the very off chance that I'm right, I'm going to really enjoy re-visiting this post next year :lol:

• Haha 2

Not so sure about Calgary being stronger than last year on paper.    I also don’t think Hubby and Kadri contracts will age well.   But the Flames did a damn good job of salvaging this off season.   Good work.  Still hate them though.  Lol

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Is this good for the Canucks? Add Colorado to the teams that could be in the JT hunt. I'm fine with this, I don't think Kadri is as good as he was last year. Doubt that contract holds up long term.

Good for the Canucks years 4 through 7 not so much the first 3. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, AV. said:

Yep.  Just another day in the office for Mr. Treliving.  Salvaging the off-season, all things considered.

You would have to think the Islanders will circle back on JT Miller now.

Miller for Dobson. Go Go Go 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Devron said:

Him and Huberdeau skating on the 3rd line in 5 years for 18 million is going to be great

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, awalk said:

Thank GAWD this off season got real boring real fast.

I've always hated Calgary but gotta give respect where it's due... hell of a job salvaging this off season. They are better defensively and grittier, and they didn't lose that much offensive punch. With Markstrom in net, they are a cup contender with this lineup.

Yup, gotta hand it to them.  IMO, they've improved dramatically where it counts -- their ability to do damage in the post season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Huberdeau weegar Kadri is miles better than geaudreau gudbranson Tkachuk.

Calgary is going all in 

YUP.  ESPECIALLY when the playoffs roll around.  The Flames will be a really good matchup for the Avs this year.  You know Kadri will be out to prove a point too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Him and Huberdeau skating on the 3rd line in 5 years for 18 million is going to be great

That part will be awesome but it’s kinda the circle of life. Calgary will be competing for the cup over the next few years 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1