The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Monahan, 1st to Montreal

AngryElf

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Listening to anything Montreal is the problem. Those reporters and the fans overhype that team like no other :P

Engels is actually really solid. He speculated Monahan was moving 45 minutes before the news broke. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Bedard, Blue chip defence prospect, and BPA, and later rounds a goalie?

That’s what I’m thinking could be a possibility. They could even trade up as well, not to mention acquire further 1sts. 

Talk about turbo charging your rebuild. :o

30 minutes ago, tas said:

how does this apply? gaudreau left as ufa to be anywhere other than calgary, they wanted to keep tkachuk and make him their captain but he forced his way out because he didn't want to be there either, and monahan is broken and washed up. 

Relax, it's just a joke to show how other teams seem to find a way to improve even though they lose star players, yet we as an organization seem to think you can somehow improve without giving up assets.

• Cheers 1

Just now, JayDangles said:

Relax, it's just a joke to show how other teams seem to find a way to improve even though they lose star players, yet we as an organization seem to think you can somehow improve without giving up assets.

you're reaching to make really false equivalencies. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

MTL now has a mush brain C, And another C with hips that don't work properly and never will haha.. these guys love tanking

Montreal was in the cup final last year. So it’s not like it’s a never ending rebuild.

Monahans contract is up in a year. Not sure who the other C you’re referring to is. But one more year of tanking/aggressive rebuilding will likely pay off dividends down the road. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Probably in the minority but I would rather move Horvat and lock up JT. That being said I'd much rather keep them both over Dobson.

I feel that people are over-hyping him. Sure he can put up points but hes not very good defensively and won't be getting the same sheltered offensive usage here.

I'd rather stack the offense since we didn't not make the playoffs because of our D.

Ah sorry, didn't notice your use of a double negative. My bad ... I guess

48 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Um we were top 3 5on5 and 8th overall.

We were 24th in offense.

We didn't make the playoffs because of our start and poor offensive output.

But way to contribute too a convo.

50 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

We didn't make it cause of the PK. At evens our D was good 

On paper but were you watching? We stunk defensively. We gave up the most high danger chances in the NHL and thank gawd for Demko. If you saw something different I guess to each their own but I spent half of the games wondering how we weren't down by 4-5.

Our PK was horrible yes. Big reason we didn't make it but the actual defensive play was atrocious. We spent prolonged periods stuck in our own zone making giveaway after giveaway. That's not sustainable for Demko, well maybe it is but it's certainly not fair to expect Brodeur level goaltending out of him every night.

29 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal was in the cup final last year. So it’s not like it’s a never ending rebuild.

Monahans contract is up in a year. Not sure who the other C you’re referring to is. But one more year of tanking/aggressive rebuilding will likely pay off dividends down the road. 

Don't even. Wasn't last year either. They fluked their way. A Canadian team was gifted a final 4 spot and they got to play Toronto round one. Found a lowkey Habs supporter lol

I'm referring to dach. I'd rather have frank nazar than that bust

Edited by Mustard Tiger