The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Monahan, 1st to Montreal

AngryElf

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Myers hammered Keith last season, and now he is getting to do the same to Kadri... I shall be looking forward to see that piece of shit being creamed...

Pretty sad that Myers best play of the entire season came and went in game #1

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Was just reading on THW that he's essentially not gonna play at all before March and most likely not at all this season but will be with the team after Dec.

Montreal gonna take Bedard ++ this coming draft :( 

good on them, bedard is a BC boy and his favorite hockey team is the canucks, but im sure that will change once hes drafted by another team that isnt the nucks, god dam wish the nucks would get him, he be amazing for us

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Well at least U2 is all done with.   With apologies.   Not that i didn't like U2, i freaking loved them - but might as well go up a level and play some Zeppelin,  or even the Stones or Beatles.   In that order. 

Add AC/DC to that list...

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

The team was not destroyed losing replaceable pylons give me a break :lol: If losing MacEwen and Gadjovich destroys your team you were barely an average AHL team. 

We needed that toughness.  That also caused a problem at the beginning of the year, because Green had gifted those spots to useless AHL trash and guys understood that nepotism was the best way to get on the roster.  Green should have been fired on the spot for his lack of professionalism with the cuts.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

We needed that toughness.  That also caused a problem at the beginning of the year, because Green had gifted those spots to useless AHL trash and guys understood that nepotism was the best way to get on the roster.  Green should have been fired on the spot for his lack of professionalism with the cuts.

And now we have Dakota Joshua who can play at an NHL level. He nearly matched MacEwen’s production in 50 less games. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And now we have Dakota Joshua who can play at an NHL level. He nearly matched MacEwen’s production in 50 less games. 

This. Let’s see what he has. He’s already  being strongly considered for a regular roster spot by mgmt. They must have imparted some kind of expectation upon him as to how and what role they want him to play. Could be a solid addition in a gritty checker tough guy role. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Was just reading on THW that he's essentially not gonna play at all before March and most likely not at all this season but will be with the team after Dec.

Montreal gonna take Bedard ++ this coming draft :( 

I remember there were people here that were outraged when he chose to waive his NMC for the expansion soon draft after his injury status became public.  There were people calling Bergevin a scumbag for “pulling a fast one and getting Price to fake an injury to circumvent the expansion draft.”   Guess he wasn’t faking 

42 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I remember there were people here that were outraged when he chose to waive his NMC for the expansion soon draft after his injury status became public.  There were people calling Bergevin a scumbag for “pulling a fast one and getting Price to fake an injury to circumvent the expansion draft.”   Guess he wasn’t faking 

Regardless of what was happening with Price, Bergevin was greasy about it. 

17 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

If we had cap I would be ok with trying to pick him up for a reclamation project. I actually like him as a player.

kind of crazy how he fell off. There was one point I would have ranked him as the #1 in a redraft. 

I guess injuries really got to him.  

9 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Regardless of what was happening with Price, Bergevin was greasy about it. 

How do you figure? Price offered to waive his NMC.  And the Canadiens released the info that Price’s career might be in jeopardy due to his injuries.  I’d say it would have been greasy if they didn’t release the info and Seattle took him without knowing he may never play again. 

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

How do you figure? Price offered to waive his NMC.  And the Canadiens released the info that Price’s career might be in jeopardy due to his injuries.  I’d say it would have been greasy if they didn’t release the info and Seattle took him without knowing he may never play again. 

I'm pretty sure that Price is done and will never play another game. His contract will be traded to Tampa so that they can circumvent the cap again.

With the announcement this morning that he likely won't play again, the cost of acquiring a goalie for Las Vegas just went up!

I'll say it again, DiPietro to Vegas for a 1st!!! ;)

• Cheers 1