The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Monahan, 1st to Montreal

AngryElf

11 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I'm pretty sure that Price is done and will never play another game. His contract will be traded to Tampa so that they can circumvent the cap again.

With the announcement this morning that he likely won't play again, the cost of acquiring a goalie for Las Vegas just went up!

I'll say it again, DiPietro to Vegas for a 1st!!! ;)

Yeah. It sounds like price is likely done.  It’s an unfortunate way for him to end his career 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

How do you figure? Price offered to waive his NMC.  And the Canadiens released the info that Price’s career might be in jeopardy due to his injuries.  I’d say it would have been greasy if they didn’t release the info and Seattle took him without knowing he may never play again. 

They were not clear about his status and Seattle was less than impressed with how they handled it it was reported at the expansion draft. 

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They were not clear about his status and Seattle was less than impressed with how they handled it it was reported at the expansion draft. 

It was literally days after the Stanley cup finals and they didnt have a clear picture about the injury.  A year later they still don’t have a clear picture. People assuming Montreal was hiding stuff aren’t  looking at the big picture.  Some injuries take a long time to diagnose.  Especially when they’re still aggravated by playing in the Stanley cup playoffs 

Just now, qwijibo said:

It was literally days after the Stanley cup finals and they didnt have a clear picture about the injury.  A year later they still don’t have a clear picture. People assuming Montreal was hiding stuff aren’t  looking at the big picture.  Some injuries take a long time to diagnose.  Especially when they’re still aggravated by playing in the Stanley cup playoffs 

Bergevin was pretty greasy I think Seattle has a case to be pissed here, I get you’re a little biased about it. I think their current management is a lot more transparent regarding things like this.