The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van + WPG [proposal]

13 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Look around the NHL, he gets paid 3.25 million to produce roughly .5 points per game, he kills penalties, he's relied on to help close out games, he rarely takes games off.

There are a LOT of players out there making more and not giving even close to the same level.

On the open market, Pearson is easily the same contract.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if he got even more than that on the open market, actually. I do think he has solid positive value. Not sky high or anything, but he is a valuable third line forward who can fill in on the 2nd line at times.

• Cheers 1

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Not going to agree with you on this, Alf, Pearson is one of the most undervalued guys on this team.

We were trying to trade several players and JR came out and said those guys couldn’t be moved without sugar, which he refused to add.  The market says Pearson has negative value.  

Myers, Pearson, Poolman have negative values 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We were trying to trade several players and JR came out and said those guys couldn’t be moved without sugar, which he refused to add.  The market says Pearson has negative value.  

Pearson’s production since being a Canuck says otherwise. 

Realistically ya if there was a deal out there for Pearson it would have been done. A 3rd at the draft would have been nice. 

Mikheyev Miller Boeser

Hoglander Pete Podkolzin 

Kuzmenko Bo Garland

Dakota Lazar Lockwood

Do any of Pearson Dickinson Dowling Karlsson crack the roster?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Realistically ya if there was a deal out there for Pearson it would have been done. A 3rd at the draft would have been nice. 

Mikheyev Miller Boeser

Hoglander Pete Podkolzin 

Kuzmenko Bo Garland

Dakota Lazar Lockwood

Do any of Pearson Dickinson Dowling Karlsson crack the roster?

IMHAO our new management was trying to move Pearson and (or) Garland but found no market.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO our new management was trying to move Pearson and (or) Garland but found no market.  

You know I betcha JB could have found a hockey trade out there. 

New MGMT reminds me of Gillis in that unless a trade is a clear fleecing they won't do anything. I wonder if GMs around the league don't want to deal with them in the same way they didn't want to deal with Gillis. Re Miller et all because their ask is not reasonable. 

There are certainly trades out there for Miller Garland and Pearson. The league is moving forward while they sit patiently and watch their assets decline in value. 

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He didn't indicate who those players were. Poolman is untradeable until we know if he's clear of the migraine issues that plagued his season last year.

No GM is going to come out and disclose a player who is on that list, but I believe Myers likely was and that the Canucks would like to move him due to how much salary is committed to defense.

The idea that Pearson is on that list is pure speculation.

11 minutes ago, hammertime said:

You know I betcha JB could have found a hockey trade out there. 

New MGMT reminds me of Gillis in that unless a trade is a clear fleecing they won't do anything. I wonder if GMs around the league don't want to deal with them in the same way they didn't want to deal with Gillis. Re Miller et all because their ask is not reasonable. 

There are certainly trades out there for Miller Garland and Pearson. The league is moving forward while they sit patiently and watch their assets decline in value. 

Trades are there for sure providing we take back contracts and (or) add sugar.  

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

He didn't indicate who those players were. Poolman is untradeable until we know if he's clear of the migraine issues that plagued his season last year.

No GM is going to come out and disclose a player who is on that list, but I believe Myers likely was and that the Canucks would like to move him due to how much salary is committed to defense.

The idea that Pearson is on that list is pure speculation.

Speculate and such is what we do here.  But we also connect dots and deduce.  It’s more than a logical deduction, from information available, we tried to move Pearson but weren't able to unless we took back money and (or) added sugar.  JR and Allvin said pretty much exactly that.