The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - Det Sign and trade for Miller to Motown for Mo Money

10 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

And for the love of god will you people stop throwing Hoglander into every proposal

But everyone knows that Raymond on a Canucks jersey could only look right if he wore number 21 and this frees it up. ::D

• Haha 2

I don't think we make good trade partners.  Yzerman's probably not at Waddell's level in Carolina but he's pretty good, and he's restocked the Wings' lineup with quality veterans so they'll probably go with what they have.  If for some unlikely reason they want to make a move for Miller, Raymond's definitely out of the question but I'd try for local boy Rasmussen (6'6" C with some defensive chops and 0.3 points/ game, #9 pick in 2017), Gus Lindstrom (defensive RHD, 6'2" 183 lb. and only 23; permanent #3 RD behind Seider and Hronek), plus maybe a 2nd or 3rd.  Guys like that should be the players with upside, who aren't so high on trade partners' depth charts but who could become something (much like how we bought low on Miller from TB then watched him develop into a 99-point player).  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Vancouver trades 

JT Miller (signs 8 year $7,500,000 cap hit) 

Jason Dickinson 

Nils Höglnder 

Detroit trades 

Lucas Raymond 

Gustav Berglund 

Michael Rasmussen 

Raymond never never 19, Detroit will build around...Other 2 players and 2nd rounder 2023...3rd rounder 2024

Miller - Det

3 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

I don't think we make good trade partners.  Yzerman's probably not at Waddell's level in Carolina but he's pretty good, and he's restocked the Wings' lineup with quality veterans so they'll probably go with what they have.  If for some unlikely reason they want to make a move for Miller, Raymond's definitely out of the question but I'd try for local boy Rasmussen (6'6" C with some defensive chops and 0.3 points/ game, #9 pick in 2017), Gus Lindstrom (defensive RHD, 6'2" 183 lb. and only 23; permanent #3 RD behind Seider and Hronek), plus maybe a 2nd or 3rd.  Guys like that should be the players with upside, who aren't so high on trade partners' depth charts but who could become something (much like how we bought low on Miller from TB then watched him develop into a 99-point player).  

just like how Rathbone is stuck behind Hughes and OEL 

18 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

I really think Rathbone is going to come out flying and show management and league how skilled he is?

Teams will want to trade and his stock value will only get high.

Great skating and offensive talent..All 3 D pairings will have offence....

19 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Yeah, with him frankly I think we should let him have a good start to the season then sell high.  
I'm sure we could get someone like a Sean Durzi from LA to stabilize the right side (Dermott's young enough that I'd be happy with him on the 3rd pair).

14 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Yeah, with him frankly I think we should let him have a good start to the season then sell high.  
I'm sure we could get someone like a Sean Durzi from LA to stabilize the right side (Dermott's young enough that I'd be happy with him on the 3rd pair).

Durzi is an offensive dman who struggles with the defensive end of the game.  It looks like Brandt Clarke will

make the team this season and if he does, their RD looks like: Doughty, Roy, Durzi, Spence and Clarke. They

might send Carke and Spence (waiver exempt) to the AHL, which will give them some time to deal with Durzi. 

So for RD call-ups, LA has Clarke, Spence and Grans waiting to join the big club. :shock:

As far as acquiring a solid young defensive RD, I like Gustav Lindstrom on the Redwings. 

Detroit has the opposite problem of the Canucks; excellant young RDs (Hronk, Seider,Lindstrom),

but their LD situation is plain awful.  Fortunately for the Wings, all but Gudas are UFAs

at the end of the season.

I don't know if the Wings would trade Lindstrom, or that the Canucks have anything they would want in

return. I think the Wings really like his game, so who knows$

He would fit the Nuck lineup really well, as he has that Tanev like calmness, is a good

skater, has an exceptional 1st pass and can play defense very well.  He has some offensive

upside, but is unlikely to put up significant numbers, but that wouldn't matter if he's playing

alongside OEL or Hughes (although he has enough offensive acumen, he would probably

have a big jump in his numbers with either of those players).

Miller going to the Redwings?  I doubt he would ever sign with a team that isn't going

to the playoffs for a while yet.

6 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Durzi is an offensive dman who struggles with the defensive end of the game.  It looks like Brandt Clarke will

make the team this season and if he does, their RD looks like: Doughty, Roy, Durzi, Spence and Clarke. They

might send Carke and Spence (waiver exempt) to the AHL, which will give them some time to deal with Durzi. 

So for RD call-ups, LA has Clarke, Spence and Grans waiting to join the big club. :shock:

As far as acquiring a solid young defensive RD, I like Gustav Lindstrom on the Redwings. 

Detroit has the opposite problem of the Canucks; excellant young RDs (Hronk, Seider,Lindstrom),

but their LD situation is plain awful.  Fortunately for the Wings, all but Gudas are UFAs

at the end of the season.

I don't know if the Wings would trade Lindstrom, or that the Canucks have anything they would want in

return. I think the Wings really like his game, so who knows$

He would fit the Nuck lineup really well, as he has that Tanev like calmness, is a good

skater, has an exceptional 1st pass and can play defense very well.  He has some offensive

upside, but is unlikely to put up significant numbers, but that wouldn't matter if he's playing

alongside OEL or Hughes (although he has enough offensive acumen, he would probably

have a big jump in his numbers with either of those players).

Miller going to the Redwings?  I doubt he would ever sign with a team that isn't going

to the playoffs for a while yet.

I don't know about the bold, they have quite the influx of talent that I wouldn't be surprised if they challenge for one of the later playoff spots.
Their LHD is also pretty solid now (Chiarot - Maatta - Edvinsson might not be terrible, depending if the young Swede can move up the ranks quickly) so it's not that Rathbone will have a clear-cut path onto the roster there either.  

I think proposals like this will mean if Canucks do end up trading Miller many are going to be disappointed in the return.

Miller isn't going to fetch 2 young (or Youngish) NHL proven players in club control especially with the Sweetener (Hoglander) value is quite low right now.

At this point Miller is probably fetching a 1st round pick + b-prospect at the deadline. Maybe a Tim Schaller player coming the Canucks' way also