The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Hurricanes sign Paul Stastny

5 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Canes fans are saying that just got a 25-30 goal guy for 1.5m hahahha

More like the slowest guy in the league that is somewhat useful still at that dollar 

Lol he did get 21 goals and 45 points as a 35 year old.  Basically a poor man's Krejci still (56% on faceoffs and quality setup man).  Doesn't matter if you're slow as molasses if you're Joe Thornton lite with vision to set up your linemates.  
(btw gotta do it, hope the Canes really start the season well and so does Miller, and they want to put together a bunch of regular roster players for him as the final piece).

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Cheap deal--going for a cup I presume. Surprised there are no performances bonuses, considering he's in that age range and it's a 1-year deal.

Capfriendly shows his contract as $1.5M plus $500K performance bonus if they win the Cup.

4BCF5F1C-043F-46D9-9390-BFFA6F89C969.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, .Naslund said:

LOL what I've heard over the last little bit:

We don't want McDavid because he was holding another woman's hand,

We don't want either of the Kanes because one beat a cab driver and the other is a gambler.

We don't want Russians because they must be pro Putin.

We don't want anything other than cookie cutter nice guy players.

Sounds to me like we don't want Cups! .

Stastny has quietly put together a really good career. 800 points, may end up with around 900 when he's done. 

Yeah, let's sign every single scumbag in the league and bring in multiple locker room cancers.  This piece of garbage willingly funded domestic terrorism and you'd want him here?   I draw the line at players who simply don't deserve any respect, and this vermin certainly qualifies.

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, aGENT said:

But how do we turn this in to a Miller thread....

Signing Stastny must free them up to trade us Necas, Morrow and a first for Miller!

mission-complete-spongebob.gif

I will be extremely happy with Morrow 20, RD, 6'2 -- Necas 23 - 6'2 W/C -- 2nd rounder 2023

5 hours ago, .Naslund said:

LOL what I've heard over the last little bit:

We don't want McDavid because he was holding another woman's hand,

We don't want either of the Kanes because one beat a cab driver and the other is a gambler.

We don't want Russians because they must be pro Putin.

We don't want anything other than cookie cutter nice guy players.

Sounds to me like we don't want Cups! .

Stastny has quietly put together a really good career. 800 points, may end up with around 900 when he's done. 

This is one of the teams biggest issues.  
People would rather have a nice guy than a winner on this team.  
Nice guys finish last  ex. Marchand vs Sedins 

4 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

This is one of the teams biggest issues.  
People would rather have a nice guy than a winner on this team.  
Nice guys finish last  ex. Marchand vs Sedins 

There’s a pretty fine line between nice guy/douche and someone who openly funded domestic terrorism. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Fair enough.   
Im talking about jerks, not total idiots.   Lol.  
We don’t need dummies, or we’d just get Virtanen back.  

Domestic terrorism? It's freedom of speech. Although I don't agree with the freedom convoy, it's important in a DEMOCRATIC society to be able to speak up to perceived oppression.  Obviously enough people felt this way for them to voice their opinions. Without that, you essentially are living in an oppressive state. There's protests all the time in other parts of the world, it's just foreign to us. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

Domestic terrorism? It's freedom of speech. Although I don't agree with the freedom convoy, it's important in a DEMOCRATIC society to be able to speak up to perceived oppression.  Obviously enough people felt this way for them to voice their opinions. Without that, you essentially are living in an oppressive state. There's protests all the time in other parts of the world, it's just foreign to us. 

I’m sorry but freedom of speech is not violently harassing media members or forcing local businesses to shut down because a certain group of man children don’t have the brain capacity to follow basic health mandates.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, .Naslund said:

Why are you tagging me in this?  

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, .Naslund said:

I've heard multiple reports of those freedom convoy ppl harrassing anyone with a mask... Now imagine if you and your kids just happened to be walking by and preferred to have masks on!! It's also ppl's freedom to keep masks on and remain safe from bullying right?

5 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

I've heard multiple reports of those freedom convoy ppl harrassing anyone with a mask... Now imagine if you and your kids just happened to be walking by and preferred to have masks on!! It's also ppl's freedom to keep masks on and remain safe from bullying right?

if you're looking for rational and/or consistent and/or logical behaviour you've gone to the wrong place. 

6 hours ago, Pears said:

I’m sorry but freedom of speech is not violently harassing media members or forcing local businesses to shut down because a certain group of man children don’t have the brain capacity to follow basic health mandates.

I believe they were protesting because they didn't feel that the government had the right to create or enforce the mandate. 

And yeah... their tactics were awful... and I think getting vaccinated is a good idea... but I agree with them that the government should have no ability to enact this kind of mandate. Bodily autonomy is important. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Lol he did get 21 goals and 45 points as a 35 year old.  Basically a poor man's Krejci still (56% on faceoffs and quality setup man).  Doesn't matter if you're slow as molasses if you're Joe Thornton lite with vision to set up your linemates.  
(btw gotta do it, hope the Canes really start the season well and so does Miller, and they want to put together a bunch of regular roster players for him as the final piece).

And Kadri scored 100, but he won't do it again. He's only there to fill in for patches and to cover for KK as I agree with not trusting him in an important roll. Canes are deep enough where Paul won't be used alot and will have more time to fund anti vaxxers. And speed does matter, Joe goes on league min and really doesn't even play because he's sooooo sloww