The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Lightning re-sign Philippe Myers

16 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Now you don't?

He isn't super high on the list out of trade targets, but I would happily still have him on our team.  Big, young RHD with skill.

He is likely better than Poolman at half the cost, he could even end up being a 2nd pairing guy.  I was higher on his potential 3 years ago than now.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

If TB gives up on him I hope we can replace one Myers (Tyler) with another (him).
Seeing other former Lightning players be serviceable players or break out (Raddysh, Volkov, both Footes, Howden, Katchouk, Stephens, Erne all as decent depth and Gourde can be a fill-in top-6 C), I'd trust the Lightning's eye for talent, esp. if one team's trash can become the treasure that we need for a key position (much like how they had no choice but to sell Miller and in hindsight we bought low). 

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

If TB gives up on him I hope we can replace one Myers (Tyler) with another (him).
Seeing other former Lightning players be serviceable players or break out (Raddysh, Volkov, both Footes, Howden, Katchouk, Stephens, Erne all as decent depth and Gourde can be a fill-in top-6 C), I'd trust the Lightning's eye for talent, esp. if one team's trash can become the treasure that we need for a key position (much like how they had no choice but to sell Miller and in hindsight we bought low). 

They extended him a year ahead of time - kind of suggests that they are confident he'll be a good fit.  He still has a year left on his 2.55M deal.  This extension is for 2023/24.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Provost said:

He isn't super high on the list out of trade targets, but I would happily still have him on our team.  Big, young RHD with skill.

He is likely better than Poolman at half the cost, he could even end up being a 2nd pairing guy.  I was higher on his potential 3 years ago than now.

Screenshot_20220827-141700_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220827-141727_Chrome.jpg

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Jesus you are lazy as usual… go back to the OP about the signing…he signed an extension for $1.4 million cap hit.

The entire thread is literally about him signing his new deal.

He also costs far less than half for cap commitment for just a 1 year extension vs. 4 year term 

Edited by Provost
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

PS.  It also makes me legitimately sad for you that you are lame enough to have a 2bd account that you pull out just to upvote your terrible posts.  How does that even make you feel better?

The entire history of a 7 year old account consists of upvoting and agreeing with your posts.

You aren’t even subtle or clever about it.

lol

8 hours ago, Provost said:

I had him on my list of possibly available RD partners to try with Hughes, still as recently as last summer. Not very high mind you, but I was much less sure sure Carrier or Fabbro or Severson would be available.

Edited by HighOnHockey

8 hours ago, Provost said:

Calculating Figure It Out GIF

Hate to break it to you but 1.4 million is not half of 2.5 million.

4 hours ago, Provost said:

Jesus you are lazy as usual… go back to the OP about the signing…he signed an extension for $1.4 million cap hit.

The entire thread is literally about him signing his new deal.

He also costs far less than half for cap commitment for just a 1 year extension vs. 4 year term 

Confused Thinking GIF

Getting colder... 

This really isn't your day.

3 hours ago, Provost said:

PS.  It also makes me legitimately sad for you that you are lame enough to have a 2bd account that you pull out just to upvote your terrible posts.  How does that even make you feel better?

The entire history of a 7 year old account consists of upvoting and agreeing with your posts.

You aren’t even subtle or clever about it.

lol

@Boho53 I'm going to have to stop sharing the "donkey of the day" posts with you in the lunchroom. Eeyore doesn't like it.

On the other hand I never realized you "liked" me so much, I'm flattered :P

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

Calculating Figure It Out GIF

Confused Thinking GIF

Getting colder... 

This really isn't your day.

$1.4 million cap commitment vs. $10 million cap commitment.… far less than half the cap commitment for the contracts.

Exactly what I said.

Sorry you were too lazy to actually read what the thread was about and are now salty about looking silly.  Keep swinging, I know you and your imaginary friend are super frustrated.  It will be ok.

On 8/27/2022 at 7:46 PM, coryberg said:

@Boho53 I'm going to have to stop sharing the "donkey of the day" posts with you in the lunchroom. Eeyore doesn't like it.

On the other hand I never realized you "liked" me so much, I'm flattered :P

Haha we don't want to upset Mr I failed grade 4 math! To your second point I feel like it's not as much as me liking you but your combatants were just so far off base it's by default. Don't let it go to your head.

• Haha 1