The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Canucks Draft Pick Facing 2.8 million fraud allegation.

Rate this topic

Crimson-JH

Lmao,  i remember when all the brown fams used to claim this was their first cousin.  
didn’t he buy his mom a Mercedes the day he got drafted and got into a serious car accident with her the same day!?   Rear ended which ultimately ended his career.    

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2022 at 9:40 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Surprised there’s no mention of Rai’s failed clothing company, “Joseph Chanan.”

(There was quite a lot of press years ago about Rai’s tailored clothing for “hockey butts,” with many local hockey writers providing free advertising for the company, in the form of articles on Rai and his life after hockey.)

Corporate records still list the complainant in this case (Harpreet Singh Khela), his wife (Kamaljit Khela), Prab Rai, and his father (Harbhajan Rai) as the directors of that corporation, dating back to 2013.

Seems like Khela and Rai have been in business together for quite some time and on numerous ventures, and that their family members have also been involved. 

What a mess.

is that the clothing company that makes all the Surrey promotional T-shirts?

Exclusive: City of Surrey furious over parody T-shirts - Economy, Law &  Politics | Business in Vancouver

10 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

is that the clothing company that makes all the Surrey promotional T-shirts?

Exclusive: City of Surrey furious over parody T-shirts - Economy, Law &  Politics | Business in Vancouver

Lol I was in Surrey for a week, some random dude was talking to us in a bar and said, yo I’m from hood Surrey, and I looked at him, this city is beautiful, come to Toronto and visit some of the areas there, it’ll humble you real quick.  

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Okay so should we just not draft local kids?          Doesnt seem to work out well…

1 hour ago, 250Integra said:

So if we have a chance to draft Bedard we should just pass on him?

He could turn into another Jake "The Ripper".  You never know............................!

Edited by RU SERIOUS

17 hours ago, sassbs said:

Lol I was in Surrey for a week, some random dude was talking to us in a bar and said, yo I’m from hood Surrey, and I looked at him, this city is beautiful, come to Toronto and visit some of the areas there, it’ll humble you real quick.  

Surrey and even Vancouver is way sketchier than Toronto, or at least the sketchy areas are harder to avoid. Its not like I have any reason to go to Jane & Finch where I often found myself in Walley or near the Downtown Eastside.  I don't really know anyone in Toronto who has randomly been beat up or mugged on the street and it has happened to a lot of people I know who live or go to school in Surrey. I saw armed robberies in the middle of the day. Vancouver is bad as well, I saw two guys go into SFU with Machetes and walk out with two iMacs. 

I went back to Vancouver in July and it seems to have gotten a lot worse. I saw more people smoking crack on the street than I ever expect to see in my lifetime in TO, it was an absolute disaster. 

I live in a relatively sketchy part of Toronto and it feels far safer than where I stayed in Downtown Langley which is Disneyland compared to a place like Bridgeview. 

Edited by canucklehead44

2 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Surrey and even Vancouver is way sketchier than Toronto, or at least the sketchy areas are harder to avoid. Its not like I have any reason to go to Jane & Finch where I often found myself in Walley or near the Downtown Eastside.  I don't really know anyone in Toronto who has randomly been beat up or mugged on the street and it has happened to a lot of people I know who live or go to school in Surrey. I saw armed robberies in the middle of the day. Vancouver is bad as well, I saw two guys go into SFU with Machetes and walk out with two iMacs. 

I went back to Vancouver in July and it seems to have gotten a lot worse. I saw more people smoking crack on the street than I ever expect to see in my lifetime in TO, it was an absolute disaster. 

I live in a relatively sketchy part of Toronto and it feels far safer than where I stayed in Downtown Langley which is Disneyland compared to a place like Bridgeview. 

Visit regent park.  

But seriously, the only thing that scared the crap out of me whilst visiting Surrey was the prices on the homes!!!  My cousin showed me a home boarded up, selling for $1.6 million!!!  

when I lived there 20 years ago, Surrey used to be so open, now it’s so congested.  Other than that …. Felt perfectly safe 

On 8/30/2022 at 5:11 AM, You Mad Bro? said:

Hopefully he goes to prison for a very long time 

On 8/30/2022 at 12:33 PM, gurn said:

hopefully the court relaxes their desire to have cases heard promptly, as a nod to the pandemic.

There have been a few cases tossed due to delays in getting them to trial, iirc there is now a written policy in this regard.

Seems we need more of a lot of public workers.

Heck we need more workers period.

Lot of job openings out there right now.

The reference to the plaintiff and to Khela making the application to freeze Rai's assets make it clear this is a civil case.  Accordingly, Rai won't be going to jail as a result of this court case.  If he is charged criminally and convicted of these allegations he'd expect to be facing a jail term.

In addition, civil cases aren't tossed because they take too long to get to trial.  They can be tossed if the plaintiff doesn't take any action for a long time, but not because there isn't enough court time so the date is set too far in the future.

• Thanks 1