The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Wild sign Sam Steel

46 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Could be a huge bargain.

I mean, it's risk-free signing, but HUGE bargain?  He couldn't get going on a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years, I doubt he sees any top 6 minutes unless the wild have major injury problems.

At best, I see him as a 30-35 pts players, but again he's 24 and a lot of ELC players reach that threshold every year.

54 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

I mean, it's risk-free signing, but HUGE bargain?  He couldn't get going on a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years, I doubt he sees any top 6 minutes unless the wild have major injury problems.

At best, I see him as a 30-35 pts players, but again he's 24 and a lot of ELC players reach that threshold every year.

ELC players to that all the time, but it doesn't take away from the idea that those ELC players are a bargain. Most players getting 30-35 points are paid at least a couple million per year. Steel is also only 24 years old, so improvement isn't unreasonable. That said, he hasn't improved offensively at all in the past few years, so the trajectory isn't great.

Surprised this hasn’t shown up yet, but considering his timid profile picture, it appears he could use a little confidence boost…maybe some eye of the tiger, or better yet a few dabs of some sex panther cologne and a little…

“Blue Steel”?

image.gif.e8dd3e0cdb060e158a8025472ca1f02e.gif

• Haha 2