The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jonathan Dahlén signs with Timrå (SHL)

24 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

This is borderline comical. However, a career in the SHL is a hell of a career and I wish him well. 

what about a career in allsvenskan? timra tends to spend more time relegated than they do promoted. 

2 hours ago, tas said:

what about a career in allsvenskan? timra tends to spend more time relegated than they do promoted. 

Dahlen basically singlehandedly takes them out of relegation every time he's there. If he continues this trend, perhaps they stay in the SHL longer with his new contract and they get more development dollars and attract more players to sustain a longer term success for the franchise. I admire his loyalty to Timra, but he doesn't seem to want to put in the work to get to the next level.

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Kids got skills.

There is something wrong I am not getting? 

One dimensional, so when the points aren't coming for him, he provides nothing else. Doesn't want to learn anything else and seems to run whenever the going gets tough for him. Reminds me a bit of Nikolai Goldobin, although Goldobin toughed it out for a while. Joakim Blichfeld was another example of this type of player who also now bolted to Sweden.