The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Rangers shopping Nils Lundkvist

3 hours ago, wexcar said:

Don't see the issue with a requesting a trade tbh, he wants the opportunity to challenge for an NHL gig and knows he won't have that with the NYR's. He is at the age where he needs to be in a position to challenge for an NHL gig, nothing wrong with trying to do what is best for his career. It's not like he is holding out for more money, he doesn't owe the NYR's anything.

On saying that, I don't like the refusal to attend camp. He can request a trade but he should also honour his contract and show up for work. Showing up and playing well will facilitate a trade much quicker than sitting out. He has made a short sighted decision  IMO.

That was my point about all the drama...

He could request a trade, but just not attending is not a good look. What will be the next? Going back to Sweden unless he is spoon fed NHL time?

I wouldn’t touch this guy. Who demands a trade at his age? Way too much drama, and he’s unproven…. One NHL goal. Plus he’s too small. If we’re acquiring defense, they need to be bigger. We already have our quota of under six footers.

• Vintage 2