The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Rangers shopping Nils Lundkvist

Just now, DeNiro said:

It’s absolutely insane to sell low on Hoglander. He has all the tools and the work ethic to be a dynamic player.

Hoglander should get a spot on the third line.

remains to be seen. his second season was every bit as bad in that regard as his first season was good. here's hoping it was just a sophomore slump, but he was terrible this past season.  

1 minute ago, Kuzy said:

Poolman has tons of negative value, Hoglander will probably have even less trade value by the end of this year since there's barely a spot for him on the team. I say kill 2 birds with one stone (find young RHD, get rid of Poolman's contract)

I dont know about that.  He’s a very capable defensemen. I really want to see how he does under a Boudreau system. But if he’s not good to go he might end up on LTIR anyways so force a trade/give up a really good player in Hoglander?  Speaking of which, cant believe how quickly people are giving up on this kid-he’s got a ton of upside.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tas said:

remains to be seen. his second season was every bit as bad in that regard as his first season was good. here's hoping it was just a sophomore slump, but he was terrible this past season.  

Based on his offseason workouts I don’t think work ethic is the issue.

I think confidence was the key with him. He needs a little Bruce love to get him going again.

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I'm even seeing Ranger fans defend lundqvist and saying he's better than Schneider lol. Let's prop those comments up so we can scoop Schneider!!

Schneider is definitely overhyped.

We’ve built him up as some perfect right shot D man but his game still needs quite a bit of work. 

That being said he absolutely needs to be part of a package for Miller.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, BureBurrito said:

Well no surprise since Canucks didn't trade him for Miller.

Pearson? Garland? Hoglander for Lundkvist?

Exactly. And folks were saying we missed out on our grand opportunity to trade JTM last deadline for a package that included this guy who is now spare parts. Desperation often nets you loss.

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s absolutely insane to sell low on Hoglander. He has all the tools and the work ethic to be a dynamic player.

Hoglander should get a spot on the third line.

Agreed. Push Podz up to give him better TOI and insulate him in what might end up being a sophomore slump year. Hogz just went through that so allow him 3rd line mins to get his confidence back under Bruce Solid recipe.

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Schneider is definitely overhyped.

We’ve built him up as some perfect right shot D man but his game still needs quite a bit of work. 

That being said he absolutely needs to be part of a package for Miller.

Yeah, Pretty much every fanbase will look at an opposing teams young guys and assume they are all god sends which obviously isn't the case.

Expect for our team, Everyone on the outside just trashes on anyone and everyone lol...

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd rather keep Pearson for anything less than a second, and I wouldn't put in a waiver claim for Lundvist.  Bottom line is that I don't want more defensive liabilities on our blueline.

I agree that a 2nd would change the decision for me.  As others mentioned I am actually curious if Juulsen can be part of the equation as a defensive RD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Screenshot_20220901-122424.thumb.png.e5d555927b996ba4b21f92875827ffa0.png

Very tough NYR defence to crack top 5..You can't go on his stats, only getting 9--11 mins of playing time...

He should be a future #4 or #5 D man great skating and skill...

I would think NYR will want player of same age in return or 2nd rounder?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Very tough NYR defence to crack top 5..You can't go on his stats, only getting 9--11 mins of playing time...

He should be a future #4 or #5 D man great skating and skill...

I would think NYR will want player of same age in return or 2nd rounder?

He may well be a regular NHLer he’s just not the type of D man we need right now.

We need to focus on Rathbone development and give him every opportunity to make it.

Lundqvist would need top 4 deployment with powerplay time to really reach his potential. He’s not getting that here.

1 hour ago, Kuzy said:

Lundkvist for Hoglander and Poolman no retention.

Hoglander future brighter then Ludkvist-- Rather keep Hoglander who should score 18-20 goals playing 3rd line, lots of speed and skill only 21 years old...Need young players with speed and talent lets not trade Hoglander so soon....

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

he was never going to be the centrepiece of a Miller deal

Maybe you didn't read CDC over the last few years.

RHD period.  An RHD was/is needed.  making him possibly the most important part of any deal as per the insistence of needing an RHD.

For me he has nil value

1 hour ago, tas said:

They call that a Sophomore Slump. Plenty of players go through it. Wouldn’t be in the best interest to trade him, only to watch him perform up to expectation elsewhere..

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Kuzy said:

Poolman has tons of negative value, Hoglander will probably have even less trade value by the end of this year since there's barely a spot for him on the team. I say kill 2 birds with one stone (find young RHD, get rid of Poolman's contract)

Poolman is not tradeable until we know if he is over the concussion and migraine issues he was dealing with last year. No one is going to trade for him until they know if he's able to come off LTIR, or if he's going to spend the rest of his contract on LTIR.

Hoglander, we would have no problem getting teams interested in with the talent level he has. Many kids have a rough second year in the league, he was no different. He is capable of sliding up and down the lineup based on performance. The kids only 21 years old, lots of time for him to bloom.