The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Rangers shopping Nils Lundkvist

10 minutes ago, Kubrick said:

They call that a Sophomore Slump. Plenty of players go through it. Wouldn’t be in the best interest to trade him, only to watch him perform up to expectation elsewhere..

did you read my entire post?

The Post has learned that general manager Chris Drury has been working with Lundkvist’s agent, Claude Lemieux, in order to effect a trade to an organization in which the Swede would have a better opportunity to challenge for a top-four spot and role as a power-play quarterback.

hi Hello

7th round pick and Mikey D for Lund

• Haha 1

Just now, bramptoncanuck said:

Per The New York Post, he wants to be in the top four and be a powerplay quarterback. He's a less talented version of Quinn Hughes. He won't get much powerplay time with us.

Our second unit needs some work. He's not gonna get a guaranteed spot anywhere, but QBing with OEL is a vague possibility if he earns it.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Maybe you didn't read CDC over the last few years.

RHD period.  An RHD was/is needed.  making him possibly the most important part of any deal as per the insistence of needing an RHD.

For me he has nil value

Don’t you mean “Nils” value?  :bigblush:

• Cheers 1

Sure, we can work a deal around that.  :)

Lundqvist
K'Andre Miller
Chytil
unprotected 2023 1st

for
Miller 50% retained
Rathbone
Dickenson

Not perfect for us as we still have to slide someone to the right side... but K'Andre Miller is a really good fit on a D core, if OEL or Hughes could be no the right (or if Miller could be), that would be a good pairing.  Lundqvist and Rathbone are pretty much a wash to me.

Miller-Hughes
OEL-Myers
Schenn-Lundqvist
Dermott-Burroughs

Edited by Provost

6 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

No way! Woo is way too versatile to give up, as he can play D and forward. 

yep, thats exactly how you sell it :ph34r:

I could see Lundkvist maybe entering the picture after a year in Abby, once we know whats going on with our top pair and if thats going to be Hughes-OEL or not. We also need to upgrade the middle pair so maybe if we picked up a  big, reliable LHD that might work?

Intriguing option. Not the exact type of player needed, but the right position. They traded Lias Andersson for a late 2nd, so that may be a point of reference that can be used to deduce what an asking price might be, given that it was a somewhat similar situation. I would be surprised if they would take less than that. Young right-side defensemen with his pedigree are bound to create interest.

Edited by BlastPast

21 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yep, thats exactly how you sell it :ph34r:

I could see Lundkvist maybe entering the picture after a year in Abby, once we know whats going on with our top pair and if thats going to be Hughes-OEL or not. We also need to upgrade the middle pair so maybe if we picked up a  big, reliable LHD that might work?

I still think we have to give Rathbone a solid chance to succeed and become the #2 LHD behind Hughes later this year or next, which I believe is management's plan. Unless PA can make a quality rhd Miller trade, I think we'll see him traded for picks and then give our current plethora of depth D guys a chance to step up. Then, if no one does, we'll figure out what to do with our back end restructuring down the road.