The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boudreau's thoughts on upcoming season

Rate this topic

Googlie

Know this might not be logical - but i just can't help but think that Bruce and co  bring some magic this season.    A lot to like about this team's forward group right now.    Center (this year anyways) and goaltending is very good.   Defense of course needs improvement, but isnt total trash either.   GA went down ... GF went up....special teams... well PK should get better.   PP was darn good after the changes.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Glad he wants to roll 3 offensive lines

We can surprise people with a ready to go Petey and 3 offensive lines.

Pearson or Hoglander (15g) - Miller (30) - Boeser (30)

Kuzmenko (18) - Petey (35) - Podkolzin (22)

Mikheyev ( 20) - Horvat (30) - Garland (20)

Pearson or Hoglander - Lazar - Dickinson/ Joshua/ Lockwood = 20 goals as a line and with having a scoring winger in the 4th line

Pretty close to what Id roll with.  

Mikheyev Petey Boeser

Pearson Miller Garland

Podz Horvat Kuz

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Petey and Boeser are horrendous together.  

Yeah, that chemistry has been gone for some time.  Miller or Bo are better partners for him.

Also...Podz plays better on the right side and Kuze is a playmaker that would set up Pete nicely.

Mik doesn't need elite players on his line to score goals.  His defensive skills would be good on Bo's line.

Pears    Miller    Boeser

Kuze    Pete    Podz

Mik   Bo   Garland   or   Hogs   Bo  Mik  (I think Hogs will be sent down for a bit as he is waiver exempt,

Joshua   Lazar   L-wood                           so they can sort out who will get that extra top 9 spot.)

Dickson

*Of course, these lines are dependent on the idea that Pete can play C for most of the season.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Glad he wants to roll 3 offensive lines

We can surprise people with a ready to go Petey and 3 offensive lines.

Pearson or Hoglander (15g) - Miller (30) - Boeser (30)

Kuzmenko (18) - Petey (35) - Podkolzin (22)

Mikheyev ( 20) - Horvat (30) - Garland (20)

Pearson or Hoglander - Lazar - Dickinson/ Joshua/ Lockwood = 20 goals as a line and with having a scoring winger in the 4th line

Heck you can load up the lotto line if need be in a crunch or double shift Petey or miller as need be and not worry imo.

220 goals from your top 3 lines

Add 30 goals from your Defence (and thats a low ball) 

Add 20 goals from your 4th line

--

270 goals for makes us top 10 in goals for and we were top 10 in goals against depsite a crap PK.

I couldn't agree more with those lines.

Pretty sure the mods needs a Bruce round smiling head upvote.   And that a lot of fans will be smiling come puck drop.   We are going to be awfully hard to defend against.    

As for the line combos, only the Motte line played over 200 minutes last season.   Between Green and Bruce it was a total blender.    The Lotto Line was broken up because it was trash.   Others have but was it trash because both EP and Brock simply couldn't get it going?   EP was trash until Bruce arrived and even then took a bit of time to get going.   Brock actually scored 12 points in 14ish games before he hurt himself.   So back to normal.    I doubt the Lotto Line gets another look.   

Kuzmo EP Podz is going to be awfully tough not to get a long look at.   Hogs EP Podz was actually our best line last year as far as goals they scored and ones allowed.  4.5-1.   Of course it was only getting 3rd line minutes.    The Lotto Line was one of the worst lines (Vedder know how much you had Brock, but on this one you were correct!)...and the only line EP and Miller were on that actually wasn't decent to very good.    Pearson was actually on 3 of the 4 most effective line combos ... go figure!  

As for scoring goals.    

30+

Horvat, Miller, EP and maybe  Brock 

20+

Horvat, Miller, EP, Brock, Pearson, Ilya M, Garland, Kuzmo, Podz and maybe Hogs.   

Sure injuries likely screw with a couple of those guys.    But wow.   We haven't had that in a very, very long time.   And i'm not sure we've ever had 8 guys score 20.  

JR says he wants to build lines that are together for a long time.   Miller is a catalyst guy, so is QHs. EP, and Horvat.     Can see why Bruce is so pumped to have 3 centers.    This team has the potential to outscore all the teams we've had since the early 90's.     Can see why Bruce also mentions better transitions from the defense.     Wonder what it would take to pry Severson out of NJ before the season starts?   He's buried behind Hamilton and Marino.   And unlikely to re-sign ... BC roots, 28... good cap hit.    For sure we can afford to lose one of our top nine ... and or some futures.  

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

On 9/2/2022 at 2:29 AM, IBatch said:

Pretty sure the mods needs a Bruce round smiling head upvote.   And that a lot of fans will be smiling come puck drop.   We are going to be awfully hard to defend against.    

Needs to be repeated until it happens.  

On 9/1/2022 at 1:29 PM, Angry Goose said:

Pretty close to what Id roll with.  

Mikheyev Petey Boeser

Pearson Miller Garland

Podz Horvat Kuz

Only thing I'd switch is Podz and Pearson.

Loved the chemistry that Podz and JT developed. I like Kuz with Horvat and Pearson, since by all accounts his playmaking is really strong. 

I think everyone on your top line gets 30+. Mikheyev is exactly what those two need and he has never had a centre like EP or legit top mins, he may really pop off. I imagine a lot of breakaways from passes sent by 40 and 43.

• Cheers 2

On 9/1/2022 at 9:08 PM, higgyfan said:

Yeah, that chemistry has been gone for some time.  Miller or Bo are better partners for him.

Also...Podz plays better on the right side and Kuze is a playmaker that would set up Pete nicely.

Mik doesn't need elite players on his line to score goals.  His defensive skills would be good on Bo's line.

Pears    Miller    Boeser

Kuze    Pete    Podz

Mik   Bo   Garland   or   Hogs   Bo  Mik  (I think Hogs will be sent down for a bit as he is waiver exempt,

Joshua   Lazar   L-wood                           so they can sort out who will get that extra top 9 spot.)

Dickson

*Of course, these lines are dependent on the idea that Pete can play C for most of the season.

Garland Miller Podz we’re fantastic together down the stretch.  

Mik and Bo with Pearson who plays either wing would be a very solid heavy line.  

Kuze EP40 and Brock. 

Hogs lazar and Dickinson.

• Like 1