The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] James Neal with Blue Jackets

43 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

14 goals in 28 AHL games last year. He might have a little left in the tank but hard to see him stick around. 

I mean, those are AHL games. With his experience and skills, if they still are what they are, is 14 in 28 really that commendable? Is it worth an NHL roster spot over an equally, but younger and hungrier prospect? 

Just sayin’

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I mean, those are AHL games. With his experience and skills, if they still are what they are, is 14 in 28 really that commendable? Is it worth an NHL roster spot over an equally, but younger and hungrier prospect? 

Just sayin’

I don’t think so 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Struggled mightily at the NHL level last year, but was pretty solid in the AHL. At the very worst, he's a 1st line AHL winger. Would be kinda fun to have a name like him in Abbotsford.

And respectfully, that’s where he and his game should remain for the Season. 

He may be a decent limited call up in a playoff setting if anything, otherwise, nope. 

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

And respectfully, that’s where he and his game should remain for the Season. 

He may be a decent limited call up in a playoff setting if anything, otherwise, nope. 

Based on last year, he's not good enough for regular NHL duty anymore, yeah. Still, strong supportive AHL guys are nice to help our younger AHL players develop. Unless he improves, he'll probably get a two-way contract and spend a lot of time in the AHL.

• 1 month later...