The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Worst NHL "spelt out name" jersey

Rate this topic

Which spelt out name jersey is the ugliest?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So with it still being the dog days of the offseason, I had this interesting debate with a friend regarding which team had the worst team jersey. The Rangers the original six team spelt out their name which has seemed normal for so long, but the NHL has had some wickedly boring and lazy designers where the logo simply was either the name of the team, the name wrapped around the logo, or an abbreviated name. 

Which team has the worst "named" jersey? In my opinion, Dallas, NYI, and Ottawa are tied for the worst ones. 

1) Anaheim

1,166 Ducks Chris Pronger Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty  Images

2) Boston

Boston Bruins: Patrice Bergeron In Las Vegas

3) Buffalo

ISO Buffalo Sabres 40th Anniversary Jersey : r/hockeyjerseys

4) Calgary

NHL Warms to Jersey Talent

5) Carolina

carolina hurricanes white jersey Cheaper Than Retail Price> Buy Clothing,  Accessories and lifestyle products for women & men -

6) Chicago

Custom 1930's Chicago Blackhawks CCM Vintage Throwback NHL Hockey Jerseys

7) Columbus

Blue Jackets Announce 2015 Third Jersey Schedule – SportsLogos.Net News

8) Colorado 

The Hottest Guys of the NHL | Colorado avalanche, Colorado avalanche  hockey, HockeyJOE SAKIC | Colorado Avalanche 2002 CCM Alternate Vintage NHL Hockey Jersey

9) Dallas

dallas stars lime green jersey - ceophoetography.comIt's time for the Dallas Stars to unveil a new alternate jersey

10) Detroit

Martin Lapointe | Detroit red wings, Red wings, Detroit red wings hockey

11) Edmonton 

The History of the Edmonton Oilers Jerseys

12) Florida

Worst to First Jerseys: Florida Panthers | Hockey By DesignPanthers Unveil 3rd Jersey! — icethetics.co

13) LA

Who Are the L.A. Kings? - Gunaxin

14) Minnesota

Are the Minnesota Wild the best team in the NHL? : r/wildhockey

15) nashville

An epic NHL Stadium Series game for the Nashville Predators had a  predictable ending | Estes

16) New Jersey

NHL: NJ Devils release new third jersey designed by Brodeur

17) NYI

Ranking the New York Islanders Jerseysny islanders black jersey jersey on sale

18) NYR

The history and evolution of the Rangers jersey

19)  Ottawa

kartuş ciddi olarak çift ottawa senators third jersey İşgal etmek anlamına  gelmek anlamına geliyor

20) Pittsburgh

penguins diagonal jersey cheap online

21) Philadelphia

Flyers Winter Classic Jersey 2012 on Sale, 54% OFF | ametista.nl

22) St Louis

Guest Post: Worst to First Jerseys, St. Louis Blues Edition - St. Louis  Game Time

23) Tampa

Tampa Bay Lightning Disrupt The Night With New Third Uniforms –  SportsLogos.Net NewsTampa Bay Lightning Unveil New 2022 Stadium Series Jerseys - Opinion |  Inside The Rink

24) Toronto

Maple Leafs celebrate 100th anniversary by defeating Hurricanes

25) Vancouver

image.jpeg.a7c0d6579fdc5a5c1171ee1bf1a9ea59.jpegLoui Eriksson Statistiques et nouvelles | LNH.com

26) Vegas's leaked/rumored reverse retro

27) Washington

Alex Ovechkin scores 700th goal, but how serious is his pursuit of Wayne  Gretzky's record? - CBSSports.com

28) Winnipeg

Winnipeg Jets Jersey History

Fortunately, the Montreal, Arizona, San Jose, and a few other teams have not made the mistake to make such horrid jerseys.

• Like 1

Went with Anaheim just because that was their home and away logo/jersey for way too long. Really not a fan of their color scheme either. Their old colors were sooo much better.

Close second for me is Washington because that logo is super boring. Eagle was rad. In red/white/blue the eagle would be sick. Atleast WSH has decent colors.

Not far behind are the "bolts" and "sens". Like come on! Use your full or actual name! Too hokey-pokey for me.

Hmmm, will have to think about this before I vote. I'd have to say T is a bit off for me. Like wth is "T"? If we were talking helmets, its an instant no brainer. Does Stone's have some sort of air lift feature...doesn't even look like it's on his head.

image.png

• Haha 1

It’s between Nashville, Jersey and Vancouver. 
I hate to be that guy, but the orca is absolutely awful, and putting Vancouver above it looks so dumb.  
We have one of the worst jerseys in there he league, which sucks because we have two other logos we could use that are MUCH better. 

9 hours ago, Master Mind said:

So many hideous jerseys!

Smashville and the Jersey jersey probably the worst of the bunch.

Yeah, Smashville's font is atrocious, while "Jersey Jersey"?  Come on, Marty (loved him as a player, but while the actual word looks nice with the handwriting font, the idea of the "Jersey jersey" just sounds dumb, and the color scheme is an eyesore).  Distant HM's are Buffalo and Colorado (not a fan of either's word font).

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's a character in World of Warcraft. ;)

a game character!

mythology? like Trana's CFL club, Jason and the Argonaughts?

inspiring.

movies? Jurassic Park?  Raptors  .. say what?

What is it with these turkeys and blue jays and a bunch of leaves.  lmao!

Toronto tts n asses!  Here we go boys, game time.

Now put on that TnA sweater and Win the Stanley Cup (ya bunch of losers).

(And, pull up your pants Mathews.)

(I ain't gonna tell ya again.)