The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Worst NHL "spelt out name" jersey

Rate this topic

Which spelt out name jersey is the ugliest?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dislike teams putting spelled out names that aren't actually their names on their Jerseys

I voted Tampa because they were the first to do this. Tampa are the Lightning, not the Bolts. I'm not sure why the confusion there.

Honorable mention to Nashville who took it a whole step further and added Smashville. Leave this silliness to the NBA.

Honorable mention #2 goes to New Jersey who seems to be saving money on letters by dropping the word "New" from their name

Note that I would allow an exception to my dislike if the Oilers or Flames wanted to add their true name and have a jersey that reads "Tire-fire" I would certainly like that one.

Edited by GB5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GB5 said:

I dislike teams putting spelled out names that aren't actually their names on their Jerseys

I voted Tampa because they were the first to do this. Tampa are the Lightning, not the Bolts. I'm not sure why the confusion there.

Honorable mention to Nashville who took it a whole step further and added Smashville. Leave this silliness to the NBA.

Honorable mention #2 goes to New Jersey who seems to be saving money on letters by dropping the word "New" from their name

Note that I would allow an exception to my dislike if the Oilers or Flames wanted to add their true name and have a jersey that reads "Tire-fire" I would certainly like that one.

In fairness I let Jersey and Vegas slide as that is what people who live there call each city. However that font used on the new Vegas reverse retro is no bueno. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...