The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1ST ANNUAL CDC NFL 2022-2023 SURVIVOR POOL!

Bruce Boudreau

Brandon Lang's Week 1 guaranteed lock of the week is the Ravens. 

matthew bingo GIF

:bigblush:

*Disclaimer* these picks are purely for entertainment purposes only. Any direct or indirect material losses suffered by user of said picks will not be liable to the poster herein. Any advice taken is at your own personal risk and peril and you accept full responsibility for any and all potential injuries suffered as a result of participation in this knockout tournament. 

On 9/5/2022 at 4:32 PM, goalie13 said:

I'm in.

I'll take the Colts in week 1.

On 9/5/2022 at 5:28 PM, MikeBossy said:

Count me in - taking the 49ers in Week 1

On 9/6/2022 at 7:54 AM, Baratheon said:

Why not?  I’m not great with football but I enjoy the sport.

I’ll take The Titans week 1

On 9/6/2022 at 12:56 PM, The Arrogant Worms said:

Titans

On 9/6/2022 at 5:23 PM, 24K PureCool said:

Pats

On 9/7/2022 at 12:25 AM, DS4quality said:

Bengals

On 9/7/2022 at 8:33 PM, c00kies said:

Panthers

2 hours ago, goalie13 said:

So what happens in the case of a tie?

A tie is not a win so unfortunately you are out. Better luck next year as well to the rest. Thanks for playing.

Week 1 and already half our pool is almost out!!

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

A tie is not a win so unfortunately you are out. Better luck next year as well to the rest. Thanks for playing.

Week 1 and already half our pool is almost out!!

I didn't realize this was a "sudden death" pool. I thought it would carry over from week to week, which is why I was picking strategically....:unsure:

Next week, I'll be picking one that I think is an absolute lock....

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I didn't realize this was a "sudden death" pool. I thought it would carry over from week to week, which is why I was picking strategically....:unsure:

Next week, I'll be picking one that I think is an absolute lock....

I did realize this was a sudden death pool.  That's why I'm waiting til Week 18 to make my first pick.  :ph34r:

• Haha 2

On 9/5/2022 at 4:41 PM, AriGold said:

I'm in...

Broncos week 1

On 9/8/2022 at 12:17 AM, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'll pick the Broncos.  

Tough luck guys. 

On 9/11/2022 at 8:50 PM, UnkNuk said:

I did realize this was a sudden death pool.  That's why I'm waiting til Week 18 to make my first pick.  :ph34r:

Nice try but you didn't confirm participation and didn't make your pick so yer out!:emot-parrot:

On 9/5/2022 at 3:43 PM, Chip Kelly said:

The NFL season is here weekly entertainment for us all the way through Christmas!:metal:

Let's have some fun! The rules are simple and anyone is free to join this pool!!!

You pick 1 NFL team you think will win at the beginning of each week.

Since Thursday night football is the start of the week get your picks in for the week before it gets going on the Thursday night kickoff!

The only catch is once you pick an NFL team to win you cannot chose them again the rest of competition.

Sound good? Confirm your weekly participation and let's go!!!

@RUPERTKBD 

To clarify for those survived the Week 1 carnage are not allowed to pick the same winner winner chicken dinner and ride their way to the promised land.

Need a unique winner ie; winning team each week if you tie tough luck but that is not a win and therefore you are out same as well as if your pick got blown out.

2 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Tough luck guys. 

Nice try but you didn't confirm participation and didn't make your pick so yer out!:emot-parrot:

@RUPERTKBD 

To clarify for those survived the Week 1 carnage are not allowed to pick the same winner winner chicken dinner and ride their way to the promised land.

Need a unique winner ie; winning team each week if you tie tough luck but that is not a win and therefore you are out same as well as if your pick got blown out.

Yep. I got that. No more Saints or Rams (after this weekend) for me....

Edit: That being said, I wonder if there will be anyone still standing by Christmas....:unsure:

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

So it looks it it is just me  and you and a @PistolPete13 as well as @6of1_halfdozenofother left after week 1.

Incredible after 14 unique entries!!!

Week one is always full of surprises. That’s why I picked a sure thing in the Commander’s ;)

This week the 49ers will dismantle the visiting Seahawks.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I had the Ravens as my lead pipe lock thought that was money in the bank.

I had mild concerns about the Ravens because of the Lamar Jackson contract negotiations, and because the Jets usually manage to upset one team each year. Last year it was my Raiders :angry:

But Jackson came through with flying colours for the Ravens.