The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2022 Young Stars Tourney Thread

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

On 9/14/2022 at 9:29 AM, wildcam said:

I see Vancouver brought in Jackson Van Dee Leest -LD - 21-- 6'6, 230 lbs - played for Red Deer last season-- Big guy

Schmiemann - 21, 6'2, 200 LBS --D man -- He was Kamloops best D man last season - Least he is signed with Abby

Young -18, 6'3 G - PG Cougars- - 

Will be interesting to see how some of these new young guys look..

Thanks man; it is info like this that really brings up the tempo.

Schmiemann 21 signed with Abby; the Cougs' Young 18 goalie, and Leest; is he ready for Abbotsford? 

Interesting indeed; thanks again. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Seems like another very good hire by our new management teams; sharp guy; expecting good things from "JC".

Yeah, I’ve been impressed with him as well.

Seems like a smart, well-spoken guy who strikes the right balance between calm, quiet confidence and an intensity, drive, high expectations, and desire to win. Hopefully it all comes together for him with the Abby team and we enjoy some good results at the AHL level, both in terms of team success and the development and preparation of our prospects and depth players.

And he’s still just 37 years old. If Colliton has success here, he could grow with the team, and possibly even be part of the NHL succession plan, since Bruce won’t be coaching forever (although hopefully Boudreau is here for several more seasons, including a contending window, at the NHL level).

I particularly like that JC has coaching experience in the AHL, NHL, and SHL, as well as playing experience at each of those levels, and internationally with Team Canada. I think his background will serve him well in his ability to understand the unique development paths and journeys of a wide variety of young players.

Of course, the proof will be in the pudding, and we’ll see how he fares when the puck drops on “real hockey” and the season starts. But I’m optimistic Colliton will be a very successful hire and a valuable member of this organization for many years.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1