The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Circus in Philadelphia

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Totally agree. A few years of tanking would have been ok compared to pretending to be competitive with terrible moves. 

with Linden at the helm I think the fanbase would have supported a tank. Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, JM_ said:

with Linden at the helm I think the fanbase would have supported a tank. Just my 2 cents. 

I agree. And it was clear that’s what Linden wanted to do. Unfortunately Benning cut him off at the knees with ownership by supporting a retool strategy. Then we got Benning and Weisbrod controlling everything themselves while pushing out good hockey people. 

• Vintage 1

On 9/12/2022 at 4:33 AM, wallstreetamigo said:

I agree. And it was clear that’s what Linden wanted to do. Unfortunately Benning cut him off at the knees with ownership by supporting a retool strategy. Then we got Benning and Weisbrod controlling everything themselves while pushing out good hockey people. 

Speculating based on hate for Benning.

When Linden left, things started to go towards a rebuild / retool. When Linden was here, the idea was to make a push for the playoffs for the Sedins. We even got Loui to help them produce more because of their past chemistry.

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Speculating based on hate for Benning.

When Linden left, things started to go towards a rebuild / retool. When Linden was here, the idea was to make a push for the playoffs for the Sedins. We even got Loui to help them produce more because of their past chemistry.

Linden only embraced the idea of a tear down once it was clear the Sedin re-jig was done. That seems to get glossed over a lot in discussions around here. 

Its really too bad that Linden didn't start off with that idea from the outset, but no going back now. 

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 7:33 PM, wallstreetamigo said:

I agree. And it was clear that’s what Linden wanted to do.

Is it?

https://thehockeynews.com/news/canucks-president-linden-says-rebuild-wouldn-t-be-fair-to-sedins

Seems this is a fairytale that some like to keep espousing, that doesn't actually exist reality.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Is it?

https://thehockeynews.com/news/canucks-president-linden-says-rebuild-wouldn-t-be-fair-to-sedins

Seems this is a fairytale that some like to keep espousing, that doesn't actually exist reality.

Yep the whole Linden wanted to rebuild but evil Benning wouldn’t let him narrative never dies. No matter how much you point out it wasn’t true. Weird how in a time where information is readily available so many remain wilfully ignorant. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Fired by Christmas. 
torts is a goof was a terrible ownership hire here and everywhere since. 
his control freak ego maniac antics don’t work on these younger players. 

maybe he should chase the other teams coach down the hall for playing the 4th line, oh wait he did. 

he was right about Vancouver because he all he added was negativity starting lack at the winter classic yelling matches with Hansen media tantrums about cell phones. 

Torts is a pos. And will soon be once again out of work. 
The league is a better place without this idiot. 

2 minutes ago, combover said:

Fired by Christmas. 
torts is a goof was a terrible ownership hire here and everywhere since. 
his control freak ego maniac antics don’t work on these younger players. 

maybe he should chase the other teams coach down the hall for playing the 4th line, oh wait he did. 

he was right about Vancouver because he all he added was negativity starting lack at the winter classic yelling matches with Hansen media tantrums about cell phones. 

Torts is a pos. And will soon be once again out of work. 
The league is a better place without this idiot. 

He does continue to get hired though, doesn't he? Unlike our retread coaches, who never see employment again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

32 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Unlike our retread coaches, who never see employment again.

A.V

Torts

Pat Quinn 

Roger Nielson 

Marc Crawford

Mike Keenan

Willie was head coach of Canada's Olympic team and temp head oach of LA.

Truly the only head coach to have done little since leaving the Canucks is Travis Green, and that is not that long ago. Travis is probably still under contract to the Nucks- does anyone know if the Canucks have given consent to him even looking for a job?

I'd think they have, but do not know.