Rate this topic

1 minute ago, gurn said:

A.V

Torts

Pat Quinn 

Roger Nielson 

Marc Crawford

Mike Keenan

Willie was head coach of Canada's Olympic team and temp head oach of LA.

Truly the only head coach to have done little since leaving the Canucks is Travis Green, and that is not that long ago. Travis is probably still under contract to the Nucks- does anyone know if the Canucks have given consent to him even looking for a job?

I'd think they have, but do not know.

I was referencing our last couple of coaches (WD, TG), the others go without saying, but I should have clarified. My bad.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

.....and a SC in 2004. He's a great coach. Bombastic, yes, but he knows his stuff.

Torts is one of those coaches who gets the best out of what his team has.  Given a good lineup he will get them going.  I think the Flyers don’t have a good lineup.  They will be as bad as the Habs this year.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Torts is one of those coaches who gets the best out of what his team has.  Given a good lineup he will get them going.  I think the Flyers don’t have a good lineup.  They will be as bad as the Habs this year.  

He’s a good borderline great coach with a short shelf life. 

• Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

So Terrible he won a Jack Adams in 2016/17 and was a runner up in 2020? 

Guess we should have kept him. 

fired because he was so fantastic. 
trying to fight another teams coach for deployment super classy just screams greatness. 
benching a future hall a game goaltender to play the back up at the outdoor game. 
freaking out at one of the hardest working players on the team 

Players requesting trades to get away from him 

Greatness. 

Keenan won too didn’t change he was  a POS. 

2 hours ago, combover said:

Guess we should have kept him. 

fired because he was so fantastic. 
trying to fight another teams coach for deployment super classy just screams greatness. 
benching a future hall a game goaltender to play the back up at the outdoor game. 
freaking out at one of the hardest working players on the team 

Players requesting trades to get away from him 

Greatness. 

Keenan won too didn’t change he was  a POS. 

Doesn’t discredit what he’s done/did outside of Van. I wasn’t happy with his stay here but he still is/can be a good/great coach. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2022 at 7:31 PM, aGENT said:

Is it?

https://thehockeynews.com/news/canucks-president-linden-says-rebuild-wouldn-t-be-fair-to-sedins

Seems this is a fairytale that some like to keep espousing, that doesn't actually exist reality.

That was also less than 2 years into his tenure. He left when the Sedins retired and there was a lot of buzz that Benning’s perpetual retool song and dance (and the consolidation of power in a stripped down and cheaper head office) appealed a lot more to Aquilini than Lindens long term rebuild idea and ultimately led to Linden being forced out. 

A behind the scenes look at the Flyer's training camp.  

From the synopsis: In the first episode of The Standard, Flyers head coach John Tortorella sets the tone early at camp, the club faces an injury to one of its leaders, and new opportunity arises for prospects pushing toward roster spots.