The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Have the Canucks done enough to fix the "country club" locker room

Rate this topic

Vinny in Vancouver

Have the Canucks done enough to fix the "country club" locker  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On June 10, Kypreos said that Jim Rutherford thinks the current state of the Canucks is that:

• "it's broken"
  • "doesn’t like the room...thinks it’s a country club in there"
  • "is going to change it up"
  • "there’s going to be a different look within six months”
Edited by Vinny in Vancouver
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's okay, has some good options, but if you want a better mall you're better off checking out Woodgrove off the main highway 

I will say though that Lucky's at Country Club is probably the best liquor store in Nanaimo for craft beer, it probably has the best liquor selection outside a BC liquor store too 

How's Port Place doing? Haven't been to Nanaimo in a while.

• Vinny in Vancouver changed the title to Have the Canucks done enough to fix the "country club" locker room
4 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

How's Port Place doing? Haven't been to Nanaimo in a while.

I'd argue that it's cleaned up it's image, it's definitely nicer to look at than it used to be. It's got a good selection of shops and stuff but it's undeniably downtown Nanaimo. I'd say the city's put a genuine effort into trying to "clean" that area up but it's still a hub for those living in poverty, homelessness, and addiction same as it's been for as long as I can remember. But that's no fault of the mall's, there's a lot to unpack there. 

Homelessness on the island, and in Nanaimo, is an issue like it is pretty much everywhere else. A big difference though is that Vancouver Island has the most temperate climate in Canada. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'd argue that it's cleaned up it's image, it's definitely nicer to look at than it used to be. It's got a good selection of shops and stuff but it's undeniably downtown Nanaimo. I'd say the city's put a genuine effort into trying to "clean" that area up but it's still a hub for those living in poverty, homelessness, and addiction same as it's been for as long as I can remember. But that's no fault of the mall's, there's a lot to unpack there. 

Homelessness on the island, and in Nanaimo, is an issue like it is pretty much everywhere else. A big difference though is that Vancouver Island has the most temperate climate in Canada. 

That saddens me, was born there but wasn't there very long, it changed a lot over the years.

Downtown was partying folks coming and going from the bars.

Aside from that, it was tame, that I think was in 85, I left for work in Vancouver for years and years and finally a trip over and my mouth dropped.. 

I was like wtf happened to this place, was horrified and disgusted but mostly sad for the folks who hit the rock bottom and just surviving or existing. 

And part of me is livid with our governments response to the problem that THEY created by letting inflated real estate prices drive value through the roof and then taxing and laughing all the way to the bank voting themselves raises etc and getting away with it to the point that the people who need housing the most are last on the list until people started to complain. (Years of it)  and still it's only being done under pressure then they pat themselves on the back for things that should have been done years ago.

It's not only our government that wastes our tax dollars shamelessly, it's every city hall out there. 

Need something to change.. our big 3 parties are worse than absolutely useless!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

28 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Not sure there's a lot of credibility to this notion. Either JR changed his mind or Kypper was making things up.

That tune by Kypper was craperolla.  We have Bo, Miller, OEL, Myers, Pearson (am I missing anyone?) as the older vets leading the way and those guys are all hard working - on and off the ice.  

• Cheers 1

Must have meant that humungous dressing room they had before they toned it down some. That thing probably had an echo making it hard to know who said what!

What was that coach? Did you say I played like a stud? No, you bonehead, he said you looked stuck in the mud out there! 

--Canucks have one of the best dressing room atmospheres they've had since the 2010, 2011 era, maybe better. Kypreos is a dorkasaurus.

• Cheers 1