The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Alex Chiasson with Coyotes

2 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Likeable guy. He knows he no superstar but he knows his role and he plays it well.

20 points in a season from a guy who barely made a dent in the salary cap is pretty damn good.

Agreed  

I really liked him on our team last year.  Looks like it will be one hurdle less for guys like Lockwood to come up on the big team in case of injuries. 

47 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Guy has always been offered a job after a PTO with a NHL team. He will definitely make their squad. Just sign him already!!

To be fair, Brendan Gaunce just signed a two year NHL deal (forget PTO) with the Blue Jackets a few months ago.  *Neither* player though should be anywhere near the Canucks roster.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Didn't think he was that effective at the start of the year.....utilized in an odd way too.  But with that said, he did seem to finish stronger at the end of the season.  I'm personally happy for him.  He didn't cost much, he didn't float around collecting a pay cheque.  He seemingly liked the city.  Much better than a certain $6M/yr x 6 year situation we had.

• Cheers 1

Oh man... the NHL ecoomic landscape is just getting more bizarre... Chiasson is capable of tapping in PP goals... and he can't even land a $800k contract?? well.. hopefully his PTO will get him something...

I wanted us to sign Rask who's got some skill... but oh well.. we are stuck with Dickinson so no room for any more PTO's....

4 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I actually like the guy, he'd still be good here, of course in a proper bottom 6 role. Flame on LOL.

Me too...thought he did the Canucks a solid down the stretch.  Good veteran who has enough wisdom to know to stay in his lane and contribute when called upon.  Young players could learn a thing or two from him.  Would not have minded one bit if he was the Canucks 13th forward. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1