The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) MTL potentially shopping Gallagher and Edmunson

RWJC

1 hour ago, mll said:

Hughes has no interest in tanking - he pointed to Arizona/Buffalo and made clear that they are not at all interested in going that way in his opening presser.  

Also it's speculation and not a rumour.  

I'm sure that Hughes doesn't want to tank, but when your starting goalie is Jake Allen and your top D pairing is Michael Matheson and David Savard you are probably not going to finish any higher than 5th from the bottom...

• Cheers 1

I'm curious as to how the Pens intend to construct their team, what they plan to do with their pending UFA vets (Drouin, Dadonov, Monahan) and if they plan to bring Slafkovsky in during this period of bottom-feeding.  If they don't plan to bring Juraj in and plan to ship out Drouin/ Dadonov say to contenders who may need an extra piece, and if Edmundson is available, I'd gladly flip Pearson to them for him; heck even throw in Dermott.

OEL - Hughes

Edmundson - Myers
Rathbone - Schenn

Hoglander plus money moving out (Poolman, Dermott, Dickenson, Pearson) for Edmunson.

Edmunson can play both sides just like Schenn can.

Kuzmenko-Miller-Podkolzin 

Garland-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Mikheyev

Dickenson-Lazar-Joshua

Hughes-Edmunson

OEL-Myers

Rathbone-Schenn

Burroughs 

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 2

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Sure we could.

Pearson, a 2nd, and a prospect would probably get it done.

But the article says these guys would only be available so younger,  cheaper prospects get opportunities to play in Mtl - Pearson is neither young nor cheap.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

pssst Joel Edmundson isn't good

Ya, a huge physical shut down D who can both sides and has averaged 20 minutes a game for years… that isn’t any good at all.

No one is talking about giving up a fortune for him but he would immediately be the best player on our right side.

Hoglander, Dermott, and Poolman makes the money pretty even.  They get a couple young players to fit their age curve.

Edited by Provost

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

We need a top 4 D. Doesn’t matter if they’re a left or a righty.

Hughes OEL

Edmundson Myers

Rathbone Schenn

Improves our D short term and likely wouldn’t cost too much. I’d be for bringing someone like him in if they were willing to take Pearson back to make the cap work.

I don't mind this idea if everything is good with him, but worry about his health at this point. Taking Gallagher is doing MTL a favour at this point. 

9 minutes ago, Ohthehumanity said:

I've been a huge fan of Gally for a long time. I would love to have him

32 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I don't mind this idea if everything is good with him, but worry about his health at this point. Taking Gallagher is doing MTL a favour at this point. 

Any move with Gallagher is probably going to require a third team laundering a bunch of the cap hit.  Montreal isn’t going to want to eat it, and any team interested in Gallagher isn’t going to be in a position to take on that contract.

I would be fine to get Gallagher with 25-50% retained.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Provost said:

Any move with Gallagher is probably going to require a third team laundering a bunch of the cap hit.  Montreal isn’t going to want to eat it, and any team interested in Gallagher isn’t going to be in a position to take on that contract.

I would be fine to get Gallagher with 25-50% retained.

but why? what role does he fill that we don't already have?

• Upvote 1

Just now, grumpyone said:

Mickey DiPietro 840k  + Dickenson 2.65

Edmundson 3.5 

money is almost a wash. 

DiPietro isn’t on our roster and therefore doesn’t count against the cap. Including him would be pointless.

We could afford Edmundson with just Dickinson going the other way as long as we’re able to maximize Ferland’s LTIR space.