The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Åman | #88 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Good to see that Aman had a change of heart, when it comes to reporting to Abby versus exercising his right to return to Sweden. Just a few months ago, he was quoted a couple times saying that he’d go back to Leksand if he didn’t make the NHL Canucks. I’d be curious to know if one of our new management or development staff members had a hand in selling him on sticking around and giving the AHL pathway a shot?

Might just have been due to a little chat with couple of guys named Daniel & Henrik.  Patrik may well have chimed in too.

• Cheers 2

Already hearing good things about Aman, hopefully he can crack Abbotsford's top-6 and have an impact.

Really an underrated Allvin upgrade has been having 3-5 players competing for top-6 spots in Abbotsford on waiver exempt contracts (Karlsson, Aman, Bains, Klim, Lockwood). I know 3 of those were Benning acquisitions, but last year Abbotsford's entire top-6 could only be called up on emergency basis: Dries, Rempal, Petan, Bailey, Di Giuseppe & Stevens - not the ideal way to manage personnel or development, and the two Allvin additions were acquired for without draft picks, for free.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Good to see that Aman had a change of heart, when it comes to reporting to Abby versus exercising his right to return to Sweden. Just a few months ago, he was quoted a couple times saying that he’d go back to Leksand if he didn’t make the NHL Canucks. I’d be curious to know if one of our new management or development staff members had a hand in selling him on sticking around and giving the AHL pathway a shot?

That Sedin Swedish Touch;) and influence did the trick

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...