The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I’ve had a pretty great summer.  
BUT

Its finally starting to hit me………

I miss hockey and I’m ready for the season.  

Im surprised with the line up.  

I didn’t think we’d have Miller, and I really hoped for a big improvement on the blue line. 
Happy to still have JT, disappointed we are going in with the same Dcore that wasn’t good enough last year.  

It seems the forward group has improved, and I’m sure Demko, Petey and Hughes will be better than last year (not to say they were all bad). 

I am cautiously optimistic about this year.  
Wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t great, but see the potential to be a good one.  

Go Canucks Go

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

I’ve had a pretty great summer.  
BUT

Its finally starting to hit me………

I miss hockey and I’m ready for the season.  

Im surprised with the line up.  

I didn’t think we’d have Miller, and I really hoped for a big improvement on the blue line. 
Happy to still have JT, disappointed we are going in with the same Dcore that wasn’t good enough last year.  

It seems the forward group has improved, and I’m sure Demko, Petey and Hughes will be better than last year (not to say they were all bad). 

I am cautiously optimistic about this year.  
Wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t great, but see the potential to be a good one.  

Go Canucks Go

I have some genuine hope that they'll actually do well this year. but then again this is the team that let's me down every single time :P

• Cheers 1

Just now, azurechief said:

I have some genuine hope that they'll actually do well this year. but then again this is the team that let's me down every single time :P

Let’s be honest.  
They aren’t winning a damn thing this year, but a playofh appearance where we don’t get swept would be a pretty big win in my books.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Let’s be honest.  
They aren’t winning a damn thing this year, but a playofh appearance where we don’t get swept would be a pretty big win in my books.  

I'd like to win a round this year and I don't think it's a huge ask.  

We will get off to a good start, be in a comfortable playoff position and add one big d-man at the trade deadline.  Unless Edmonton starts getting good goaltending from Jack Campbell, I'm not really overly concerned about anyone in our division. 

I’m so ready for Canucks hockey. It feels like it could be a very exciting year. That said, I felt the same way at the start of last season and was so pissed off that they wasted so long before firing the coach. Now, it feels like we’ve got some mojo. Positive vibes from Bruce, a huge team of administrators doing God knows what, fresh rested Canucks ready to play…. Bring it! And let’s not see injuries in training camp or preseason please.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I'll take an early pre training camp stab at the opening night roster. I think it looks pretty solid, lots of depth in Abby too.. at least at forward and goal.

Kuzmenko Pettersson Podkolzin

Garland Miller Boeser

Pearson Horvat Mikheyev

Joshua Lazar Hoglander

(Dickinson)

Ekman-Larsson Hughes

DeKeyser Meyers

Rathbone Poolman

(Dermott Schenn)

Demko

Martin

• Upvote 1