The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Am I in the minority here of folks who couldn’t care less about puppies and Canucks’ pets?  
Maybe I’m just heartless, but do we really need all the pet focus? Even the Canucks calendars from Pharmasave are all about Canucks’ pets this year. I’ve collected those calendars for over 25 years, but I’m not putting down $12 or however much it is for pictures of puppies.
Let’s keep the focus on the team, and not let the fan focus go to the dogs.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

Am I in the minority here of folks who couldn’t care less about puppies and Canucks’ pets?  
Maybe I’m just heartless, but do we really need all the pet focus? Even the Canucks calendars from Pharmasave are all about Canucks’ pets this year. I’ve collected those calendars for over 25 years, but I’m not putting down $12 or however much it is for pictures of puppies.

It’s an entirely harmless exercise….and it’s bound to draw certain casuals to follow the team in a different way than those of us who are dialled into the actual game itself.

But it’s also obvious its going to make a few individuals cranky (see above). ::D

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

Stop kissing the dog! It's Canucks luck, I just know players are going to start going down with dog-lick-related illnesses in the next few days.

Canucks the only nhl team to 3peat on covid

the new Ryp variant

5 minutes ago, Slegr said:

on a side note:

bad plaid is in this year

6 minutes ago, Slegr said:

its all part of the Country Club atmosphere

15 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Yea, feel the same exact way.  I couldn't care less about this kind of stuff.   Just go out on the ice, play hard and win.  

38 minutes ago, Slegr said:

30 minutes ago, lmm said:

its all part of the Country Club atmosphere

this is literally just some Twitter stuff has nothing to do with hockey 

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

this is literally just some Twitter stuff has nothing to do with hockey 

are you sure?

did twitter produce the puppy at the airport?

I was never on board with the whole puppy thing, 

seems like just another pleasant distraction

1 minute ago, lmm said:

are you sure?

did twitter produce the puppy at the airport?

I was never on board with the whole puppy thing, 

seems like just another pleasant distraction

If we don't make the playoffs this year, I don't think it's because of the puppy lol. I bet most of those players got on the plane a little happier because most people really like puppies, I don't see any harm in that. If they start involving the puppy in on-ice drills then I'll start worrying about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

If we don't make the playoffs this year, I don't think it's because of the puppy lol. I bet most of those players got on the plane a little happier because most people really like puppies, I don't see any harm in that. If they start involving the puppy in on-ice drills then I'll start worrying about it.

Or RD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

Nope.

It's honestly so stupid.

There's a steaming service for this called Disney.

• Haha 1