The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

They should leave then.

If words on a screen were making me have a hissy fit like you are having I would be embarrassed.

Or are you 13?  Serious question.

PS..... I hate cats.

Wow…are you for real?!?! Have you watched the shit on here over the years??? There’s a huge difference between causing issues on here for no legit reason and people calling it out (as I’m trying to do). Do you see the difference? Clearly you don’t! You can’t see the issue with people being negative re: a puppy of all things?? You know what…FUCK THIS SHIT!!!!! Ban me at this point!!!!! I have so much respect for many people on here and all they contribute, but people like you clearly don’t get it and think the bullshit is okay! Remember asshole…people are getting upset over a puppy!!! That needs to be called out and needs to stop!! It’s a reoccurring theme on here. 

• Huggy Bear 1

11 minutes ago, IRR said:

Wow…are you for real?!?! Have you watched the shit on here over the years??? There’s a huge difference between causing issues on here for no legit reason and people calling it out (as I’m trying to do). Do you see the difference? Clearly you don’t! You can’t see the issue with people being negative re: a puppy of all things?? You know what…FUCK THIS SHIT!!!!! Ban me at this point!!!!! I have so much respect for many people on here and all they contribute, but people like you clearly don’t get it and think the bullshit is okay! Remember asshole…people are getting upset over a puppy!!! That needs to be called out and needs to stop!! It’s a reoccurring theme on here. 

Kk enough. You’ve made your point, it’s a good one, but now it seems you’re just trying to hijack the forum and being a bit selfish/hysterical. Take a breath, let it go, and try to enjoy hockey starting again.

Allow that for everyone, please.

No need for your language or conduct. Ironically, with your current behaviour you’re becoming what you’re calling out. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Kk enough. You’ve made your point, it’s a good one, but now it seems you’re just trying to hijack the forum and being a bit selfish/hysterical. Take a breath, let it go, and try to enjoy hockey starting again.

Allow that for everyone.

No need for your language or conduct. Ironically, with your current behaviour you’re becoming what you’re calling out. 

I respect that and that is what’ll I’ll do, but ironically / sadly, it seems like some need some real honesty / bluntness these days. I promise you, it’s not what I’d like to be doing…I just want to discuss hockey in a respectful way, but let’s be 100% honest, there is way to much of this other crap that is beyond ridiculous / unneeded!! Without it, we wouldn’t need to call it out. I respect you calling it though!! Much respect! 

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, IRR said:

Dude…..you are a f’n punk / coward!!!!! Grow the f**** up!!! People like you are one of the reasons people struggle to like this forum!! 

Either you are ignorant or you are trolling people…either way you are a f’n immature clown!! Grow the f up! 

As much as I agreed with you that there's no reason to hate on the dog media posts, posts like this and the one right after from you are just as much not needed. 

If the negativity here is getting to the level where you feel the need to respond like this, then maybe you should take a break from cdc or start using the ignore button. No point in going right down into their level of negativity. 

44 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

Something people sometimes miss is that this stuff is as much for the players as for the fans. Team-building and yes even having a cute puppy visit helps to keep the team loose and build trust in each other. The curmudgeons on here getting all worked up about it need to ask if they think that the 20-24 year old players on the team might actually like getting to goof around a bit to enjoy what they do rather than just "focusing on hockey". I guarantee none of these folks have led a team of any kind in a high stress environment. 

Our team are making great strides in building a reputation as a great place to play. That helps you attract and keep the best players. You might not like puppies etc. but the players clearly sure as hell do.

That would be a great pre-draft test. See what the players reaction is to a puppy. 

36 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

Something people sometimes miss is that this stuff is as much for the players as for the fans. Team-building and yes even having a cute puppy visit helps to keep the team loose and build trust in each other. The curmudgeons on here getting all worked up about it need to ask if they think that the 20-24 year old players on the team might actually like getting to goof around a bit to enjoy what they do rather than just "focusing on hockey". I guarantee none of these folks have led a team of any kind in a high stress environment. 

Our team are making great strides in building a reputation as a great place to play. That helps you attract and keep the best players. You might not like puppies etc. but the players clearly sure as hell do.

110%.  As someone who just adopted a dog and lived with one for another 8 years, there's nothing like having a happy pup to lift your mood.  They love you unconditionally, help keep things light and most importantly, can help with mental health/stress.  The boys already love having Ryp around and when the going gets tough this season, they'll be even more thankful.  Plus, he's a guide dog in training, how freaking cute is that. Hopefully he's on the road with them to start the season.

I support Ryp the doggo cause he supports our boys! :towel:

• Like 3