The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I thought my suggestion to give LE a PTO would do that.... lol

I hope you were joking.  I think this would be kind but I am quite bitter about how he did not live up to the expectations of his last contract.  For him, and his agent, it was gravy money.  For the Canucks, it hampered our ability to improve our team for enough years until Arizona took him.  It is my opinion that we don't owe him anything.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Viper007 said:

They were pretty much our best line with JT on it last season.  Pearson is too underrated here.  He was a play driver on pretty much every line he played.  He may not be the quickest player, but he's very smart and knows how to battle along the boards.

It sounds like they're gonna start with Garland and Miller together to start, from what I hear from the BB interview.

Garland - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Pearson - Horvat - Mikheyev

Joshua - Lazar - Dickinson

OEL - Hughes

Rathbone - Myers

Dermott - Schenn

IR Poolman

I think Hoglander is going to be sent down to the AHL unless Kuzmenko doesn't start well.  Don't think Hoglander is a good fit on the fourth line.  Bruce is going to want a more stable defensive 4th line.

I think Horvat needs a playmaker on one of his wings and I really liked Podz with JT and Petey with Brock.

Garland -  JT -  Podz

Pearson -  Petey - Brock

Kuzmenko - Horvat - Mikheyev 

Each line has at least one sniper, playmaker and a defensively responsible winger.

But lots of potential options since all 3 Russians can play both sides and Brock and Podz could be switched since both have had success with both Cs. Kuzmenko could really help Horvat and Mikheyev since passing is his best asset and the other two are shoot first.

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I know you don't like Dickie. :P I was very unimpressed but I imagine he'll get every chance.  We're going to need some guys with different skill sets. Sometimes it takes players an entire year to adjust. Either way i just don't see him getting sent down. 

But we can hope right?

Baby Babies GIF

JD had a down year but he's gonna have to really struggle not to be in the top 12 imo. I think he bounces back

And we see him with Hogz and Lazar.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Weren't they very efficient? They definitely passed my eye test

Don't mind Pearson- Miller - Boeser

Pearson is our best defensive forward in the top 9 IMO and played well with Miller end of last year.

He would help both Boeser, Miller in the D Zone as they are both higher risk players when it comes to breaking out of their own end

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Don't mind Pearson- Miller - Boeser

Pearson is our best defensive forward in the top 9 IMO and played well with Miller end of last year.

He would help both Boeser, Miller in the D Zone as they are both higher risk players when it comes to breaking out of their own end

Tanner must be the nicest guy around with all the opportunity he gets here. If I remember correct didn't they only play like 12~ games together before Boeser got hurt? Then when Brock came back I don't believe that line was ever a thing again. Can anyone confirm?

IMO they played well together because it was the Bruce bump right at the beginning and heck we won what 8 straight? Everyone was looking good. Long term 20+ games I just think Pearson and Brock as wingers for JT are too slow. We need to spread out our speed. If they stick together I'm calling it the cement line lol

• Vintage 1

Just now, Outsiders said:

Tanner must be the nicest guy around with all the opportunity he gets here. If I remember correct didn't they only play like 12~ games together before Boeser got hurt? Then when Brock came back I don't believe that line was ever a thing again. Can anyone confirm?

IMO they played well together because it was the Bruce bump right at the beginning and heck we won what 8 straight? Everyone was looking good. Long term 20+ games I just think Pearson and Brock as wingers for JT are too slow. We need to spread out our speed. If they stick together I'm calling it the cement line lol

Very interesting, i hadn't put that context into my thought whatsoever... They're definitely worth trying out as a line but we don't need to be married to that option either. We have an abundance of options and possibilities. 

On the other hand, the sooner the lines are figured out, the more time it gives for chemistry to develop etc...

Should be a fun week at training camp for Boudreau and co. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Hoglander - Aman - Karlsson

Looks like Hoggy is on the outside looking in. 

Doesn’t look good for him but I’m not sure if I’d read too much into it. He did have surgery this offseason and might take more time to get up to speed.

That and they could very well be looking to boost Pearsons value for a trade.

Edited by DeNiro