The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just checked out the stats on Pearson-Miller-Boeser and that line had some impressive analytics.

They played 199:43 together at 5v5, spread out over 58 games last season.

CF% 56.38 (+6.78 REL)

xGF% 59.00  (+11.12 REL)
SCF% 55.56  (+8.29 REL)
HDCF% 55.41 (+10.90 REL)

Also, looking at the WOWYs (with/without), all three players enjoyed their best stats playing together, compared to their minutes played without each other. Except for a very small sample of around 33 minutes where Boeser and Pearson played together, but without Miller. The stats for those two are bananas (with numbers like a +30 HDCF% REL and +20 xGF% REL).

(Stats pulled from Natural Stat Trick)

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Why is Elias Pettersson not at camp???

He won't attend camp for at least another 2 years. They will leave him in Sweden for now, where the season has already started.

He needs time to develop, no point in bringing him over here just yet. He's playing against a really good level of players over there and learning.

Same as the other Pettersson did.

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Just checked out the stats on Pearson-Miller-Boeser and that line had some impressive analytics.

CF% 56.38 (+6.78 REL)

xGF% 59.00  (+11.12 REL)
SCF% 55.56  (+8.29 REL)
HDCF% 55.41 (+10.90 REL)

Also, looking at the WOWYs (with/without), all three players enjoyed their best stats playing together, compared to their minutes played without each other. Except for a very small sample of around 33 minutes where Boeser and Pearson played together, but without Miller. The stats for those two are bananas (with numbers like a +30% relative rate on high danger chances).

Been saying it for years: Pearson is All-Pro.

Wait 'til playoffs to really separate the boys from the men.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

CF% 56.38 (+6.78 REL)

xGF% 59.00  (+11.12 REL)
SCF% 55.56  (+8.29 REL)
HDCF% 55.41 (+10.90 REL)

Also, looking at the WOWYs (with/without), all three players enjoyed their best stats playing together, compared to their minutes played without each other. Except for a very small sample of around 33 minutes where Boeser and Pearson played together, but without Miller. The stats for those two are bananas (with numbers like a +30 HDCF% and +20 xGF% REL).

I wonder if this is one of those analytics JR was telling BB about. Trying to get the best out of his players.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I mean the line makes sense as to why it would work.

Mikayevs speed backs off defenders and gives Petey and Kuzmenko time and space to work.

If Kuz can produce at the NHL level that could be a highly skilled duo, with Mikayev riding shotgun and feeding off their skill. 

• Cheers 1