The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean the line makes sense as to why it would work.

Mikayevs speed backs off defenders and gives Petey and Kuzmenko time and space to work.

If Kuz can produce at the NHL level that could be a highly skilled duo, with Mikayev riding shotgun and feeding off their skill. 

I like that take but honestly I believe Petey is as fast as Mikki and Kuz isn't that far behind, that could be a real hand full for a lot of teams I see a lot of 2 on 1 in the future for them if they stay together 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

I like that take but honestly I believe Petey is as fast as Mikki and Kuz isn't that far behind, that could be a real hand full for a lot of teams I see a lot of 2 on 1 in the future for them if they stay together 

I mean yea both are fast on their own but Mikayev is a speed demon.

He’s not only fast but he knows how to burn defenders with his speed. Petey doesn’t always use his speed in the most effective way IMO.

14 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

One of the few guys on our team who actually has a Stanley Cup ring!

Pearson is Arguably our most underrated/ under appreciated player.

Easy to coach, team guy, good PK, simple game to easily roll on different lines,  up against other teams top lines/ and normally on the ice the last 2 minutes defending the lead. worth his 3.25M

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Pretty limited data on Garland-Horvat-Podkolzin, with just 57:13 5v5TOI together last season, but for the small sample size, the results were excellent.

I’ll just post a link here, rather than take the time to type it all the stats out (because I’m lazy).

But to summarize, they enjoyed events-for percentages (ie: CF%, xGF%, SCF%, etc) well over 50% (and some in the 60% range), and their suppression stats (defensive side metrics) were even more impressive. Events-against per sixty rates were extremely stingy when those three played together. This despite them having some fairly heavy defensive zone deployment.