The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, lmm said:

if the players didn't want one, and the team forced an interpreter on them, 

the players might take it as a sign of distrust

but it seems to be you against the world on this one... fight on, just because you are the only one, doesn't mean you are wrong

but I think you are wrong

Sorry, he’s not alone. I’m going to jump in on @Sharpshooter team. I just wrote above that some of the translations were incorrect (completely changing the meaning of the questions and answers). I can commend the guys for trying to answer the questions. But having a professional interpreter as a backup plan is probably preferable if you have someone who just moved to Canada.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, RomanP said:

Sorry, he’s not alone. I’m going to jump in on @Sharpshooter team. I just wrote above that some of the translations were incorrect (completely changing the meaning of the questions and answers). I can commend the guys for trying to answer the questions. But having a professional interpreter as a backup plan is probably preferable if you have someone who just moved to Canada.

I would agree with this as well.  I couldn't understand not even one word both those guys said on the ice today for the entire practice.  I might as well be talking to myself.  Maybe you should hire them a Russian interpreter who also speaks Swedish.  All I know in Russian are the swear words for crying out loud...  :sadno:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RomanP said:

well I hate to be the beacon of positivity

but I still think you both are making something out of nothing

no on involved with the interview seemed upset or put off

and its not like they were answering hockey questions with, "Your mother wears army boots"

But, its the first day of Fall and the first day of camp, and the sky has not fallen

I hope you two can sleep tonight

Cheers

Edited by lmm
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, lmm said:

well I hate to be the positive attitude guy

but I still think you both are making something out of nothing

no on involved with the interview seemed upset or put off

and its not like they were answering hockey questions with, "Your mother wears army boots"

But, its the first day of Fall and the first day of camp, and the sky has not fallen

I hope you two can sleep tonight

Cheers

We’ll sleep fine. 

If you don’t like our opinion, then move on from it.

You’ve responded once already to both of us. 

Let it go, yourself, Elsa. 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, RomanP said:

Actually, it’s not something out of nothing. Mikheyev’s English is far from perfect and there were a few questions where he oversimplified the translation, primarily from English to Russian, in some cases changing the actual concept of the question asked.

Sure maybe there may have been things lost in translations and maybe it wasn’t the most fluid interview. That being said, it is still quite a large overreaction to a preseason interview. I guess I just don’t really understand the nitpicking quite this early in the season for such a trivial thing

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Poolman better off sent to LTIR... 

I didn't mind Poolman last year when he was healthy.  People were mad about his contract and then kept piling on him even though the entire team was struggling.  

Best case scenario for us is that he forms a solid pairing with Travis Dermott that holds their own.  We don't need them to be anything more then average for us to have success.