The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

53 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

You know you’re getting old when…

Schenn’s been in the league so long to be fair it feels like he’s 38 or something.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

You know you’re getting old when…

Is this supposed to be a complete list of players? I don’t see Myers on it.  EDIT: never mind , I see a longer list on the previous page.

Edited by Slegr

On 9/19/2022 at 6:45 PM, D.B Cooper said:

I’ve had a pretty great summer.  
BUT

Its finally starting to hit me………

I miss hockey and I’m ready for the season.  

Im surprised with the line up.  

I didn’t think we’d have Miller, and I really hoped for a big improvement on the blue line. 
Happy to still have JT, disappointed we are going in with the same Dcore that wasn’t good enough last year.  

It seems the forward group has improved, and I’m sure Demko, Petey and Hughes will be better than last year (not to say they were all bad). 

I am cautiously optimistic about this year.  
Wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t great, but see the potential to be a good one.  

Go Canucks Go

Its going to be a very good season...1. Calgary 2. Edmonton 3. Vancouver 4. LA Kings.. 

Very strong 10 forwards so top 3 lines will be very good--

Forward  Group - Rank 8th NHL

Defence Group - Rank 17th NHL

Goalie  Group --Demko 5th NHL-- Martin - Rookie 25 games 15 wins - 2.88 GAA - 908 SA%

On 9/19/2022 at 7:18 PM, Odd. said:

I remember last season being so pissed off that we didn’t see our NHL line up until the very last game. I hope we focus more on building chemistry then playing guys who we know are nowhere close enough to play in the NHL right up until the last pre season game. We had a historically bad start to the season.

We’ve got to built some chemistry, and perhaps do a bit of line juggling to find out who plays with who. Get the news guys buying into Bruce’s system.

That said, I haven’t been this excited to start the season since over a decade. Let’s hope we get the ball rolling. 

With Miller getting locked up, I have a feeling there’s going to be quite a lot of urgency among the core players to do well and do whatever it takes to make this team competitive again. 

We lost like every exhibition game and TG played it off like it didn't matter. The team should have played more games together, the piss poor start was a direct result of it imo. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1