The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

You know you’re getting old when…

Is this supposed to be a complete list of players? I don’t see Myers on it.  EDIT: never mind , I see a longer list on the previous page.

Edited by Slegr

On 9/19/2022 at 6:45 PM, D.B Cooper said:

I’ve had a pretty great summer.  
BUT

Its finally starting to hit me………

I miss hockey and I’m ready for the season.  

Im surprised with the line up.  

I didn’t think we’d have Miller, and I really hoped for a big improvement on the blue line. 
Happy to still have JT, disappointed we are going in with the same Dcore that wasn’t good enough last year.  

It seems the forward group has improved, and I’m sure Demko, Petey and Hughes will be better than last year (not to say they were all bad). 

I am cautiously optimistic about this year.  
Wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t great, but see the potential to be a good one.  

Go Canucks Go

Its going to be a very good season...1. Calgary 2. Edmonton 3. Vancouver 4. LA Kings.. 

Very strong 10 forwards so top 3 lines will be very good--

Forward  Group - Rank 8th NHL

Defence Group - Rank 17th NHL

Goalie  Group --Demko 5th NHL-- Martin - Rookie 25 games 15 wins - 2.88 GAA - 908 SA%

On 9/19/2022 at 7:18 PM, Odd. said:

I remember last season being so pissed off that we didn’t see our NHL line up until the very last game. I hope we focus more on building chemistry then playing guys who we know are nowhere close enough to play in the NHL right up until the last pre season game. We had a historically bad start to the season.

We’ve got to built some chemistry, and perhaps do a bit of line juggling to find out who plays with who. Get the news guys buying into Bruce’s system.

That said, I haven’t been this excited to start the season since over a decade. Let’s hope we get the ball rolling. 

With Miller getting locked up, I have a feeling there’s going to be quite a lot of urgency among the core players to do well and do whatever it takes to make this team competitive again. 

We lost like every exhibition game and TG played it off like it didn't matter. The team should have played more games together, the piss poor start was a direct result of it imo. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah it's important to get these lines straight. Heck of a task considering all the line-ups we've seen here. Although, I'm sure BB has an idea of who he wants to try where. A few new guys in Aman, and Karlsson, etc., that need looks but otherwise just getting the line combos worked out is imperative. It should be very interesting how it plays out. A guy like Joshua needs to have a good camp but we pretty much know who is going to be on the squad with how deep our forwards are. I could see some defence guys like Keeper staying around longer.

Agreed. We need to come out of the gates firing. This means we need a very productive and efficient camp /preseason. We cannot have the same lax approach to the beginning of the season like years past. Evey game matters and is valuable in our chase for a playoff spot

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

You guys think if we didn't resign Green, and moved on to a more experienced coach that he would have a job right now somewhere else? I feel that last season made his tactics look minor league at best. I kind of think so. Up till then he was "okay" but only for a rebuilding team looking for a stop gap coach.

Considering BB uses the same systems, I doubt that's the issue.  He just lost the room

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2022 at 7:18 PM, Odd. said:

I remember last season being so pissed off that we didn’t see our NHL line up until the very last game. I hope we focus more on building chemistry then playing guys who we know are nowhere close enough to play in the NHL right up until the last pre season game. We had a historically bad start to the season.

Apologies if it's been said already,  but "historically bad" ??????   

We started last season with 6 games on the road, and went 3-2-1.  I started following the Canucks in 1982, and can remember many worse starts than that!! (e.g. in our most recent SCF year, we went 2-3-1,  with 3 of these 6 at home)

The 84-85 (Bill LaForge) era was among the worst. .... 1-5 in the first 6, continuing ineptitude to 1-9 after ten, and 4-14-2 when he got fired after twenty 

Edited by Googlie
  • Cheers 3