2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pearson Miller Garland

Kuzmenko Pettersson Podkolzin 

Hoglander Horvat Mikayev

Thank god for depth!

Why not just have Hogs take Boeser spot on Millers line? The kid can play and why mess up the other 2 lines. Hoglander wins his battles and goes to the dirty areas. Could really get hot early and see his PT totals shoot up and get that confidence rolling. Miller and Pearson are two great vets who will be defensively sound to help out. Hogs also is in top shape to play tough minutes.

Brock will probably miss the first 8 games of the season and take a few good weeks to really get back into the swing of things, hoping for 25 goals in 84 games now but was really hoping he'd bust the 30 goal mark in a big way all healthy.

I'm sure Mikheyev is day-to-day but luckily we have plenty of wingers to step in.

My real concern is what happens if these injuries pile up at center or on defence? One center injured and we've got Lazar as 3C playing big minutes...

29 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Why not just have Hogs take Boeser spot on Millers line? The kid can play and why mess up the other 2 lines. Hoglander wins his battles and goes to the dirty areas. Could really get hot early and see his PT totals shoot up and get that confidence rolling. Miller and Pearson are two great vets who will be defensively sound to help out. Hogs also is in top shape to play tough minutes.

Garland has better chemistry with Miller and I doubt they’re going to put Hoglander right on the top line.

Mikayev didn’t really look great with Petey and Kuz, I think that line could use a bigger powerforward like Podz.

I always though Mikayev and Bo would have good chemistry together too.

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Brock will probably miss the first 8 games of the season and take a few good weeks to really get back into the swing of things, hoping for 25 goals in 84 games now but was really hoping he'd bust the 30 goal mark in a big way all healthy.

I'm sure Mikheyev is day-to-day but luckily we have plenty of wingers to step in.

My real concern is what happens if these injuries pile up at center or on defence? One center injured and we've got Lazar as 3C playing big minutes...

Feel bad for him, he’s had a lot of bad luck with injuries. He said “this is the year”  still hoping he can score 30.  

This is why I e been saying we need Klimovich and Pods to get in some practice in centre.  It can’t hurt to try.  

30 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Probably closer to 6 or 7.

Not the end of the world but hopefully it doesn’t effect his conditioning too much. And depending on what the surgery was and which hand his shot is still strong.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Garland has better chemistry with Miller and I doubt they’re going to put Hoglander right on the top line.

Mikayev didn’t really look great with Petey and Kuz, I think that line could use a bigger powerforward like Podz.

I always though Mikayev and Bo would have good chemistry together too.

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

I am going with @DeNiro about Mikheyev. He did not look good with Petey and Kuzmenko. Mikayev seems better suited to a "straight-line" game. He is has great speed and, based on his track record, is excellent defensively, but offensive creativity is not his strong suit. Putting Mikayev with Horvat makes more sense. But I would put Hoglander with Petey and Kuzmenko. Hogs has played well with Petey before. A line of Hogs, Petey, and Kuzmenko could be very dangerous. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JamesB said:

I am going with @DeNiro about Mikheyev. He did not look good with Petey and Kuzmenko. Mikayev seems better suited to a "straight-line" game. He is has great speed and, based on his track record, is excellent defensively, but offensive creativity is not his strong suit. Putting Mikayev with Horvat makes more sense. But I would put Hoglander with Petey and Kuzmenko. Hogs has played well with Petey before. A line of Hogs, Petey, and Kuzmenko could be very dangerous. 

How would they be defensively if matched against a big top line on the opposing team? My fear is that they wouldn't be able to get the puck back in the D zone if the other team starts cycling and play along the boards. 

I like Podz with them. 

• Cheers 1

Canucks Reduce 2022 Pre-Season Roster:

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Patrik Allvin announced today that the Canucks have reduced their pre-season roster by eight players. Vancouver's current pre-season roster now consists of 51 players.

The following player has been released from his professional tryout contract and will be joining the Abbotsford Canucks (AHL):

· Yushiro Hirano

The following player has been released from his amateur tryout contract and will be joining the Abbotsford Canucks (AHL):

· Chad Nychuk

The following players have been released from their professional tryout contract:

· Matt Anderson

· Dylan MacPherson

The following player has been released from his amateur tryout contract:

· Cole Shepard

The following players have been assigned to their junior teams:

· Connor Lockhart (Erie Otters, OHL)

· Ty Young (Prince George Cougars, WHL)

· Kirill Kudryavtsev (Soo Greyhounds, OHL)

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-reduce-pre-season-roster/c-335811378

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

If Mikheyev’s injury isn’t serious and is only out for a couple preseason games that will be a relief. Boeser being out 3-4 weeks means Boudreau will probably reformat his lines.  I don’t like just plugging Hoglander in Boeser’s position, but obviously he’s not going to the AHL to start the season I think it’s fair to say. I’d like Bruce to revisit some of last years chemistry, notably with Petey and Pods.  Without Boeser these would be my top 9 and top 3 lines. 

Kuzmenko - Miller - Pearson 

Hoglander - Horvat - Mikheyev

Garland - Petey - Podkolzin

switch out Garland for Hoglander if you want, but this is how my lines would shake down. 

Edited by Pure961089