Thanks! My hopes for nothing haha.

7 beats 8* and atleast they are pretty bunched 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Like 1

No Brock Boeser at Scrimmage; Canucks Say ‘Precautionary’

8 hours ago on
 September 24, 2022 By; Rob Simpson 
Vancouver Canucks, Brock Boeser

Vancouver Canucks forward Brock Boeser skating on Friday.

Canucks forward Brock Boeser missed the final scrimmage of training camp and won’t be playing in either of the split squad games on Sunday against the Calgary Flames. There was no indication of the nature of the injury, nor an upper or lower body designation. It’s not considered serious.

“It’s a beautiful day, I’m sure he wanted to enjoy it outside a bit,” joked Canucks General Manager Patrik Allvin. “No, it’s just precautionary early on, I’m not sure if he’s going to play tomorrow, I haven’t seen the line-ups, but he’ll be back soon.”

An equally jovial head coach Bruce Boudreau didn’t seemed overly concerned either, re-stating the reasoning for keeping Boeser out of the line-up.

“Just precautionary,” Boudreau said, “hey, we don’t want anybody hurt, so if you get a thumbnail, we’re saying ‘whoa nellie’. It’s not the end of the world right now, so that was our thought on that.”

Boudreau did know the line-ups for Sunday on Saturday afternoon and indicated Boeser wasn’t pencilled in.

“I wasn’t planning on playing him tomorrow anyway, so he won’t be playing,” Boudreau said. “We’ve made the line-ups, but I’m not going to tell you them because everything goes haywire, but I wasn’t planning on playing him tomorrow.”

Boudreau and his NHL coaching staff will man the bench for the home game against the Flames while Jeremy Colliton and the AHL Abbotsford Canucks coaching staff will travel to Calgary with the other squad and handle the road bench. The roster for the home game will be a bit more fan friendly, featuring some familiar faces, compared to that of the travelling contingent.

Allvin indicated the first round of cuts could be expected on Monday or Tuesday, Monday being a complete day off for all staff and players. More trimming will likely be done before a tighter Canucks roster takes on the Seattle Kraken on Thursday at Rogers Arena.

((You can watch a handful of Boeser’s Friday scrimmage shifts and see yesterday’s feature here.))

Boeser missed scrimmage today and he and his linemates won't play on Sunday.  You know who else is missing?  Poolman.  His training camp D partner, Dermott is playing, but not Poolman.  That's the only training camp D pairing that it looks like won't be playing together against the Flames.  After missing as much time as he did last year, I kinda thought Boudreau would want to see as muich as he could out of Poolman in the exhibition games.  Could this mean Poolman's migraines have returned??

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Canucks have had split-squad preseason games in the past as well. They had it in: 2019, 2014, 2011 and 2010.

is this list comprehensive? I could swear they did them every year, with the possible exceptions of COVID interruptions. 

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Oh man, the hot takes everywhere on the Demise of Hoglander. I just knew the kid wasn’t going to let peons in the media and on Twitter write his Canuck obituary. 

A lot of talk about too many forwards, but there are several imo that I would move before I would give up on Hoglander.

e.g. Waive Dickie (save over $1m cap).

Hogz is a beast!

Did you see him one-on-one against Petey?

EP did not win it or like it and Hoagie always plays EP very hard.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

A lot of talk about too many forwards, but there are several imo that I would move before I would give up on Hoglander.

Hogz is a beast!

Yes waiving Dickinson is a no risk move. If he clears, we save cap space. If he's taken, we get rid of cap space. 

Either way, the team doesn't fall off too much without him in the line up. 

Ofcourse I'm hoping for a bounce back year though if he is on the roster. 

He was supposed to be our tough matchup guy. All the hype coming in last year was that he relishes playing against the top guys etc... He then fell flat on his face. Hopefully he takes some pride and trained his butt off this summer

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Hogz is a beast!

And listen to Myers here towards the end of the clip warn team newcomer about Hogz. (Myers is so damn smooth on skates, wow).

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Vermette9 said:

Haha saw that after the initial shock wore off and I read a little bit further ... like 2 posts down.. hahaha weird way to post the rosters. Got me !

I’m thinking it must be the template they use that automatically posts the roster in a format that looks like lines and pairings, even if intended as just a numerical order list.

Otherwise, somebody with the team was definitely having some fun trolling the fans.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Haha 1