The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

34 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Patrik Allvin announced today that the Canucks have reduced their pre-season roster by eight players. Vancouver's current pre-season roster now consists of 51 players.

The following player has been released from his professional tryout contract and will be joining the Abbotsford Canucks (AHL):

· Yushiro Hirano

The following player has been released from his amateur tryout contract and will be joining the Abbotsford Canucks (AHL):

· Chad Nychuk

The following players have been released from their professional tryout contract:

· Matt Anderson

· Dylan MacPherson

The following player has been released from his amateur tryout contract:

· Cole Shepard

The following players have been assigned to their junior teams:

· Connor Lockhart (Erie Otters, OHL)

· Ty Young (Prince George Cougars, WHL)

· Kirill Kudryavtsev (Soo Greyhounds, OHL)

Hirano :((((((((((((. Was hoping he would get 1 pre season game 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

From Sami Salo to Boeser you are onto something here. Guy can’t catch a break. But at least Brock didn’t get a snake bite up in Whistler. 

Like I said before and it could just be coincidence or maybe it’s in the ocean air but #6 in particular is a brutal number for the Canucks.  But besides that the Canucks seam to have more injuries than other teams, or maybe it’s that I only notice the Canucks.  If I were Boeser I’d burn the #6 lol, not ‘cause of any hoodoo but for a reset mentally. It can only help the mental.  Remember why Bure went back to #10. Some numbers don’t work for some players.  

The number 18 hasn’t really been great for the Canucks either.  Larionov leaving to win cups for Detroit, would have won the cup in ‘94 if we had had hm.  But he didn’t want to play for the Canucks for a lame reason, he didn’t want the Russians to be paid like $200,000, which is nothing. 

every other #18 has been a meh player.  Mike Ridley? Who else?  

Canucks should start purging jersey numbers. :frantic:

21E47E0C-1231-46CB-9B4D-6DCD5E7C0C36.jpeg

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

If Mikheyev’s injury isn’t serious and is only out for a couple preseason games that will be a relief. Boeser being out 3-4 weeks means Boudreau will probably reformat his lines.  I don’t like just plugging Hoglander in Boeser’s position, but obviously he’s not going to the AHL to start the season I think it’s fair to say. I’d like Bruce to revisit some of last years chemistry, notably with Petey and Pods.  Without Boeser these would be my top 9 and top 3 lines. 

Kuzmenko - Miller - Pearson 

Hoglander - Horvat - Mikheyev

Garland - Petey - Podkolzin

switch out Garland for Hoglander if you want, but this is how my lines would shake down. 

I’d personally swap mikehyev in with miller for boeser and put hoglander with kuzmenko and petey maybe

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Devron said:

Alright guys it’s a hand injury which he already got surgery for. Out for 3-4 weeks. The season doesn’t start tomorrow. What he gonna miss? The first road trip max? 

Relax

Also Rathbone played one flippin game.

Relax 

Sure, but when Miller, Petey, Kuzmenko, Podkolzin, Bo, and Garland all get injured next game, we'll be in real trouble :frantic:

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I’d personally swap mikehyev in with miller for boeser and put hoglander with kuzmenko and petey maybe

Pearson played well with Miller last year, I think if you find chemistry on a line you don’t mess with it.  Kinda hard to do with the new addition but at least try to give Miller one player he’s used to playing with. 

4 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

How would they be defensively if matched against a big top line on the opposing team? My fear is that they wouldn't be able to get the puck back in the D zone if the other team starts cycling and play along the boards. 

I like Podz with them. 

That's a fair point. You certainly wouldn't want a line of Petey with Kuzmenko and Hogs playing shutdown. But the Lazar line and the Horvat line would be very solid defensively and the Miller line (strength vs strength) would be pretty good at shutdown. And Petey is a very good two-way player. Hogs and Kuzmenko both have question marks regarding defence but we can reasonably hope that Hogz has improved his defensive game and that Kuz will be okay defensively once he adjusts to the NHL.

No guarantees but Petey with Hogz and Kuzmenko could be excellent if their combined D is adequate.

But I agree that it would be safer to put Podkolzin with Petey and Kuzmenko. But Podz has looked very good with Horvat. and with Miller as well..

Edited by JamesB