The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

51 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Kuzmenko looks tight. And not in a good way. He’s trying way to hard, the 00:14 is a prime example of trying too much, he just needs to relax out there and play on instinct he doesn’t need to slide the puck through the dudes stakes 5 times. The rest will sort itself out over time.  I do like his fearlessness, he’s not afraid to get his nose dirty.  

Different style of game then he is used to and it shows,but with his skills should not take to long to figure it out.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Slegr said:

That’s one exhibition game against the Flames, and exactly why we need to get bigger and stronger on this team. Not only would we get injured less, we’d do more of the injuring to other teams. That leads to exponential growth in the win column.

I completely agree.

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Bigger and Stronger does not automatically equate to less injuries.

Bigger guys sometimes get injured more easily, they hit the boards harder etc.

I don't think bigger or smaller guys get hurt any more or less.

What bigger does is it helps prevent teams from taking liberties. If a thug were to line up against OEL, Hughes, Petey, Kuz, and Mikheyev, I don't know what would prevent a thug from launching one of them into the balcony (other than catching them).

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Slegr said:

That’s one exhibition game against the Flames, and exactly why we need to get bigger and stronger on this team. Not only would we get injured less, we’d do more of the injuring to other teams. That leads to exponential growth in the win column.

You’re not wrong, but this is said almost every year and nothing happens. Just have to accept the fact that we won’t be that team anytime soon.

Got to wonder if changing the medical staff has anything to do with what we're seeing, we'd been notorious for bad injuries a bit like Pittsburgh up until maybe 2 years ago where we had some good runs but looks like it's back. Apparently even Dermott was banged up. Either the medical staff or trainers haven't got them quite ready for preseason if we've got 3 injuries by day 1.

6 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Got to wonder if changing the medical staff has anything to do with what we're seeing, we'd been notorious for bad injuries a bit like Pittsburgh up until maybe 2 years ago where we had some good runs but looks like it's back. Apparently even Dermott was banged up. Either the medical staff or trainers haven't got them quite ready for preseason if we've got 3 injuries by day 1.

I'm sure the medical staff was responsible for busting Mikheyev's leg. I think with a sledgehammer ala Cathy Bates in Misery.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

I don't think bigger or smaller guys get hurt any more or less.

What bigger does is it helps prevent teams from taking liberties. If a thug were to line up against OEL, Hughes, Petey, Kuz, and Mikheyev, I don't know what would prevent a thug from launching one of them into the balcony (other than catching them).

Bigger doesn’t mean better fighter. 

Look at what Rick Rypien was able to do. (RIP)