Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

Hague and Jason Robertson, here we come! :lol:

Can you imagine?!? Hahaha 

Offer sheet Robertson and rekindle the Aqualini Gaglardi feud 

I'd like Bruce to try Mikheyev with Horvat.  Mikheyev is good at creating chaos around the net and Horvat is a fierce net front presence.  Play them with a digger/playmaker like Garland and you've got something.

I've always liked Petey with Pods and Hoglander.  I think that line has everything, and Hogs plays with the pace and plays the boards with the grit needed to be effective on that line, a really good disrupter and digger of lose pucks .  Pods is a strong net front presence with good vision and is also very physical along the boards.

That leaves Miller with Kuzmenko and Pearson.  Pearson's play along the boards has always been pretty good, he's is the grinder on that line. Kuzmenko will find his game playing with a great playmaker in Miller. I think Miller and Kuzmenko can play off each other, both have a good array of shots and are both good playmakers.  

With Boeser out for 3-4 weeks Bruce still has so many options.  We still have Karlsson as an option on the wing as an option if Mikheyev is out for any length of time.  

The season hasn't even started yet and already our forward depth is being tested.  

Our defensive depth is hurting with Myers and Durmott out.  Don't know how long they'll be out for.  If you've been a fan for as long as I've been can we really say we expect any different? Had to have seen this coming. 

Regarding those skating drills:

1. Podz just blew past everyone.  (Was he reining it in after that first one where he was wayyyyyyy ahead?)

2. Dickenson looked creaky and was wayyyyy slower than anyone else everytime.  (Waiver wire anyone?)

3. The Meat and Potatoes 4-Some (JT, Bo, Pearson, and Garland) went through the motions.

4. Petey's group seemed to be trying to pace themselves as a group (which could help at game time) except for the last couple legs where it looked like they were racing each other. (A very fast group which included Hogz and Kuz and one other I forget who - maybe Aman?)

5. Everybody learned that they are to be like soldiers under BB, all fit and tested and ready to perform (Kuz faded at the end and was visibly gassed).

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Regarding those skating drills:

1. Podz just blew past everyone.  (Was he reining it in after that first one where he was wayyyyyyy ahead?)

2. Dickenson looked creaky and was wayyyyy slower than anyone else everytime.  (Waiver wire anyone?)

3. The Meat and Potatoes 4-Some (JT, Bo, Pearson, and Garland) went through the motions.

4. Petey's group seemed to be trying to pace themselves as a group (which could help at game time) except for the last couple legs where it looked like they were racing each other. (A very fast group which included Hogz and Kuz and one other I forget who - maybe Aman?)

5. Everybody learned that they are to be like soldiers under BB, all fit and tested and ready to perform (Kuz faded at the end and was visibly gassed).

If he's not ready, it's off to Abbotsford for him!

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1