The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

20 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I wouldn't say destroy, Eager had a bit of an edge to the fight, but I wouldn't call it a one sided fight:

And don't forget Boris Valabik fight

Or against 6'7" Hal Gill

Pretty sure that Zack Stortini forgot pretty quickly that he was the bigger player....

Wrong video but sure. Rypien was tough I get it. So was Domi.

I still think Chara would beat up Mason Raymond or Ferland would take Bieksa to town.

Size matters.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I still think Chara would beat up Mason Raymond or Ferland would take Bieksa to town.

Size matters.

Bieksa went with Ferland 3 times, I believe Bieksa won or draw each one...

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Bieksa went with Ferland 3 times, I believe Bieksa won or draw each one...

And Ferland was not afraid to charge any player in blue and Calgary won.

1 fight was a draw, one was a win, one was a loss. So even steven, except series win, Calgary.

We won't agree with is fine. I still think size matters in four rounds and grindy games.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

It won't come to pass because none of us will ever look at FAQ the same anymore knowing he (apparently) beat the living daylights out of his children based on CBC Report of several sworn affidavits submitted by each of them to the court outlining their allegations of abuse not to mention that each of the children has disclosed physical and psychological "Wife-Beating" abuse of their mother.   

Quote from CBC Report on Affidavits from children describing alleged abuse: "I locked myself in my bathroom. The respondent broke the lock and was throwing his body at the door to come in and beat me. I called the claimant [Tali'ah Aquilini] and asked her to hurry home, stating I was scared the respondent would kill me, and I was worried that he had already killed my younger siblings.  

One child recalled an incident in which they say their father began beating them while they were sleeping and continued to beat them until they woke up. Another remembered being punched in the stomach by Francesco Aquilini.

In the most lengthy passage Hunter read for the court, one child described their father becoming angry with the children because they were being too loud in the family rec room.

"The respondent [Francesco Aquilini] then forced all of us upstairs into our individual rooms, went to each room to physically abuse each child. I saw the respondent throw another child — at that time five years old — across the room," the affidavit says.

Is this the kind of Leadership we need steering the Canucks organization ?  

Reality is: "His gig is UP" !

Keep that out of this thread. This is for hockey stuff

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Keep that out of this thread. This is for hockey stuff

I wouldn't call that scrap a win for Eager. Rypien took him down. 

Edit: Sorry, responded to the wrong post. 

Edited by BarnBurner
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Size matters.

Chara and Raymond

clash of the titans

• Haha 2

Wonder if Mikheyev doesn't come back any time soon if we'll make a waiver pick up when players start getting dropped? Would sure suck to waste it on a winger but if there's a good player tossed on a stacked team we should go for it.

We should really keep our eye on Calgary, they have far too many defencemen and I don't think many are waiver-excempt...

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wonder if Mikheyev doesn't come back any time soon if we'll make a waiver pick up when players start getting dropped? Would sure suck to waste it on a winger but if there's a good player tossed on a stacked team we should go for it.

We should really keep our eye on Calgary, they have far too many defencemen and I don't think many are waiver-excempt...

That would be ironic that Vancouver starts plundering Calgary players.

• Haha 1