The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, bishopshodan said:

OK.

There might have been a few dudes in my high school that would only listen to INXS and TPOH.

Being a drummer in an alt band, I wanted to slap their Polo shirts and boat shoes clean off'a them. 

had the unfortunate opportunity to see INXS once, lamest show I ever saw. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I wish Canucks fans would learn from lessons of the past. 

Guys like Brough, Halford, Sekeres, and Price are nothing but audio bloggers. Yes, some of them have journalism degrees. Do they put information they learned 30 years ago to use today? No. What's the lesson to learn? Stop giving these guys any attention. 

It sounds like Seravalli said a MUCH more watered down version of what Brough tweeted. 

57 minutes ago, Devron said:

I can see them setting up a trip wire. Yup Torn ACL now lol. Ugh ever since the team went down with covid I can’t stand the media guys. Spewing bs left and right

It's also funny how their no profession quicker to pat themselves on the back than journalists.

I think we are lucky in Vancouver with so much content & more opportunity to find something we like, but certain media members have definitely blown any remaining credibility they had the last few years.. *ahem Sekeras ahem*

Seems like Frank heard this & mentioned it without a follow-up prior (since he's a national guy), then pessimistic Brough went with it a little too strongly.

Atleast theres relief that it's incorrect. 

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

worst ever show- Tragically Hip;

Showed up late and drunk.

Major let down.

Too bad you caught them on an off night. They put on a hell of a show on their games.

Now Cage the Elephant....that was crap. Though I guess their opening act (Silver Sun Pickups) absolutely DEMOLISHING the place first, was a tough act to follow. Probably just said "Well we're not outplaying that, time to mail it in" :lol:

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, gurn said:

worst ever show- Tragically Hip;

Showed up late and drunk.

Major let down.

Worst show ever for me.

The Kinks.

Showed up late.

Short set. Only played stuff from their last two albums.

No encore.

Similar time:

Robert Plant. Even though he did only his solo and Honeydripper stuff.

He gave it his all and was quite the showman. Amazing stage setup.

So for a short show I got my money's worth.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Worst show ever for me.

The Kinks.

Showed up late.

Short set. Only played stuff from their last two albums.

No encore.

Similar time:

Robert Plant. Even though he did only his solo and Honeydripper stuff.

He gave it his all and was quite the showman. Amazing stage setup.

So for a short show I got my money's worth.

short shows can be really good sometimes. Saw Ray Charles do about a 70 min set that was just great. Same thing with James Brown, in Downtown Disney of all places. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

short shows can be really good sometimes. Saw Ray Charles do about a 70 min set that was just great. Same thing with James Brown, in Downtown Disney of all places. 

It's different if it's someone that gives 100% for 70 minutes. Than a band that's just to sell merchandize and put a half-assed effort. To be fair. Dave and Ray Davies had an almost Oasis type schism between them, maybe that factored into it.

• Vintage 1