Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers re-sign Ryan McLeod


Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Well guess he took less to stay

Looks like he took less to play. Nobody was gonna offersheet or trade for him and they had his rights but no real cap. He took what they could offer, which was next to nothing. Lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Looks like he took less to play. Nobody was gonna offersheet or trade for him and they had his rights but no real cap. He took what they could offer, which was next to nothing. Lol.

I'm guessing there's probably a handshake deal in place for him to get more next season. Oil have a fair bit of cap that's going to be freed up between Neal, Sekera, Lucic, Smith, and Klefbom coming off the books. Could also see Puljujarvi shipped out if he has a decent amount of offensive success, it seems like only a matter of time before both sides part ways. I think Edmonton will want to allocate more to their defense going forward if they can. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oilers still in cap trouble. Even when they put Klefbom and Smith onto LTIR they are going to be $1.21m over the cap with only 22 players on their roster. Will need to trade someone (maybe Foegele or Barrie) or waive at least two guys, which brings them down to 20-man roster and is not good for a team that wants to be competing for the Cup.

 

Florida in a similar position too. Gonna be interesting to see how these teams trade their way out of their cap trouble and what it costs them to do it this late into the off season... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Oilers still in cap trouble. Even when they put Klefbom and Smith onto LTIR they are going to be $1.21m over the cap with only 22 players on their roster. Will need to trade someone (maybe Foegele or Barrie) or waive at least two guys, which brings them down to 20-man roster and is not good for a team that wants to be competing for the Cup.

 

Florida in a similar position too. Gonna be interesting to see how these teams trade their way out of their cap trouble and what it costs them to do it this late into the off season... 

If Panthers can find a way to trade Sergei Bobrovsky they should be fine I think 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, iinatcc said:

If Panthers can find a way to trade Sergei Bobrovsky they should be fine I think 

Who the heck is going to take on Bob for $10m x 4 years at this stage of his career? He's still ok but he's not the goalie he was back in Columbus. Certainly not worth $10m. Also remember Florida has no 1st round picks to trade in the next 3 years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...