The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | September/October (24-01) 2022 (Preseason)

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Western Red said:

Go Habs!!

You like the Habs too?

You know what's funny?  I was having a conversation with a buddy of mine a few months ago and I said - I really like the Habs! My buddy decided to correct me... by saying - No, you LOVE the Habs!.  I was like - why would you think that?  They are my second favorite team. 

The Habs are my second favorite team.  I just get really excited sometimes when I talk about the Habs, and regardless of that finish last year. 

13 minutes ago, brilac said:

You like the Habs too?

You know what's funny?  I was having a conversation with a buddy of mine a few months ago and I said - I really like the Habs! My buddy decided to correct me... by saying - No, you LOVE the Habs!.  I was like - why would you think that?  They are my second favorite team. 

The Habs are my second favorite team.  I just get really excited sometimes when I talk about the Habs, and regardless of that finish last year. 

I really like that story!

for me it was '93. Yep Carboneau, Roy, Damphouse the first game I ever watched was the final vs the kings and I was hooked. 

Was at a friends house whose dad was from back east and he acted like the whole world stopped for that game. I remember the smells, I remember the energy. I was 9 years old. 

Love the Habs.

But, Go Canucks!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Western Red said:

I really like that story!

for me it was '93. Yep Carboneau, Roy, Damphouse the first game I ever watched was the final vs the kings and I was hooked. 

Was at a friends house whose dad was from back east and he acted like the whole world stopped for that game. I remember the smells, I remember the energy. I was 9 years old. 

Love the Habs.

But, Go Canucks!

I like!

Who is your favorite Habs player of all time?

I wish the Canucks would do something like what Montreal does when they make the Playoffs, like free permanent tattoos, haircuts, games, face painting, etc. It's been a long time, but the Canucks will make the Playoffs! It would be so much fun to have a permanent Canucks tattoo! 

3 minutes ago, brilac said:

I like!

Who is your favorite Habs player of all time?

I wish the Canucks would do something like what Montreal does when they make the Playoffs, like free permanent tattoos, haircuts, games, face painting, etc. It's been a long time, but the Canucks will make the Playoffs! It would be so much fun to have a permanent Canucks tattoo! 

Modern era is Pierre Turgeon. He wasn't even there long!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Modern era is Pierre Turgeon. He wasn't even there long!

That's awesome! My favorite of all time is Guy Lafleur.  I got to meet him one time, and I was so starstruck cause that's Guy Lafleur! I got a selfie of us, he signed the back of my jersey and a picture of him.  I have the selfie as my phone screen.  

Once I was taking the bus from the airport to Montreal, and I got off at the Bell Centre to take pictures of player statues and whatever. Like who does that as the first thing when arriving in Montreal??! 

Anyhow, it's back to math. I am taking a math class. 

• Cheers 1