The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Metro gas prices on the rise again, expected to keep climbing

Sophomore Jinx

1 minute ago, SimplytheBoest said:

I have no problems with someone becoming successful. However, I have tons of problems with how people act about their success and try to apply it to everyone else like things are actually equal, when we know damn well it isn't. I've been around too many people who have that attitude I described.

We know it isn't equal.  Nobody is suggesting that.  Some people are lucky enough to be born wealthy, others have friends or nepotism to get them ahead.  But by and large, for all of us plebs; the advice of get up and try is the best advice we can give.  Futz is anything but one of those people.  I've dealt with some extremely arrogant people in my life, many of them were just awful; but others, were not arrogant at all; they just seemed it because they had suffered and came out on top and were great at what they do from experience.  That is not arrogance so much as it is experience.

Learning the difference between the two individuals of that nature saved me a lot of grief.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, SimplytheBoest said:

Funny how your only argument boils down to "hurr durr, don't be victim."

To be perfectly honest it's the best advice anyone is ever going to get.

I see you've been with us all of 23 hours. You're off to a great start here. Maybe someone can invite this guy to 'Da Club' so we can have some real fun.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

To be perfectly honest it's the best advice anyone is ever going to get.

I see you've been with us all of 23 hours. You're off to a great start here. Maybe someone can invite this guy to 'Da Club' so we can have some real fun.

Training camp mode, need to make a splash to get noticed. :)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SimplytheBoest said:

Maybe a "veteran" that needs to be kicked to the curb, then you can show us how you pick yourself up by the bootstraps.

Not likely, you have targeted an 'in their prime' poster.

A lot of built up credibility, over many, many posts and seasons.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, SimplytheBoest said:

Maybe a "veteran" that needs to be kicked to the curb, then you can show us how you pick yourself up by the bootstraps.

6 hours ago, SimplytheBoest said:

Just more proof that capitalism is trash. They love raising prices of goods, but refuse to raise our salaries to compensate. I wish more people would start fighting back against this garbage.

OK here's some more free advice for you. Although I am really beginning to doubt whether it will sink in. Six hours ago you were complaining about your salary. Now I have no idea what you do for a living or what industry you're in. I'll assume it's something average. This is the hottest labour market in decades. There are literally job openings everywhere. Employers no longer have much leverage over employees. Employees have tons of leverage over employers. Use your leverage to better your situation. Ask for what you feel you're worth and if your employer disagrees find another one (they're literally currently everywhere) who will value your contributions. In other words, take charge of your situation.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

OK here's some more free advice for you. Although I am really beginning to doubt whether it will sink in. Six hours ago you were complaining about your salary. Now I have no idea what you do for a living or what industry you're in. I'll assume it's something average. This is the hottest labour market in decades. There are literally job openings everywhere. Employers no longer have much leverage over employees. Employees have tons of leverage over employers. Use your leverage to better your situation. Ask for what you feel you're worth and if your employer disagrees find another one (they're literally currently everywhere) who will value your contributions. In other words, take charge of your situation.

I don't think that is true anymore unless we are talking about low end retail like jobs.

Many companies are already implementing hiring freezes and layoffs. 

Then again it may be just my perception due to recent struggles in the high tech sector. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I don't think that is true anymore unless we are talking about low end retail like jobs.

Many companies are already implementing hiring freezes and layoffs. 

Then again it may be just my perception due to recent struggles in the high tech sector. 

While this may be true, if you're a valuable employee you will always have leverage. If you're useless you get what you get.

Tech is going to be different. In a slowing economy that industry is going to be the first to cut cap-ex spending. But they'll be the first to add on the other side.

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Geez, I got gas at $2.16 I thought that's what pretty much everywhere in the lower mainland charges. But Gas Buddy says there's a Chevron at Bridgeport in Richmond charging $2.29.99.

You can just feel the knife being twisted into your back.

It's 2.33.9 at a Coquitlam Petro Canada right now.  This is all because of a maintenance issue with a refinery in Washington State, supposedly...

If the government can actually get people to believe gas can go up almost 45 cents in a week because of a maintenance issue at a refinery then we as a society are pretty much finished...

UK pricing and makeup.

while Canada is different it shows the pricing issue we have had.

I would imagine the cost is probably down to the oil and gas costs from the wholesaler not from the retailer, while I know it’s differently priced in Canada a global issue will still impact this 

8AE67071-7FB3-4AEB-AF15-5FF7002CF06F.png

5E22E349-B587-4B0E-9E60-69BDA34928F4.jpeg

C2CC7CC5-B52D-4057-8FFA-3E081F46115D.png