The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pre-Season [GDT/PGT] Canucks vs/@ Flames (Split Squad) / Sunday, Sept. 25/22 / 4:00 & 5:00 pm

Rate this topic

-DLC-

14 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Just bought cheap tix for today at home.

I've never been this pumped to see a pre-season game EVER. 

Can't wait to hear "Bruce, there it is" and get a look at Mikheyev and Kuz. Actually excited to see Martin in net. 

Post what you thought of Canuck players after the game..

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, rypien=hero said:

My take on the lines in van tonight based on projected rosters….

Kuz- Petey - Mik

Garland-Bo- Podz

Di Giuseppe- Dries- Lockwood

Arseneau - Focht - Sheppard 

Rathbone - Schenn

Dekeyser - Myers

Kalynuk - Woo

I want to see the top 6 do well but I'm really curious to see the 2nd pair along with Rathbone and Woo. If Danny can provide the same level of calm to Myers, as OEL, I'll feel a lot better loading up the top pair.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Just bought cheap tix for today at home.

I've never been this pumped to see a pre-season game EVER. 

Can't wait to hear "Bruce, there it is" and get a look at Mikheyev and Kuz. Actually excited to see Martin in net. 

I have a good feeling about this squad, one that I haven't felt in a long- time. Obviously every year it's natural to have hope (unless actively sucking) but this year feels different.

Love what we added but for me it's the internal growth that has me excited. In Quinns case this season he's the same age as Fox and Makar, when they had their breakout Norris winning seasons. No pressure lol.  

I think we see career years from Petey, Hughes, Podz, and Brock and Demko, which sounds like a lot to hope for but all are at the age where it's not too much of a reach.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I have a good feeling about this squad, one that I haven't felt in a long- time. Obviously every year it's natural to have hope (unless actively sucking) but this year feels different.

Love what we added but for me it's the internal growth that has me excited. In Quinns case this season he's the same age as Fox and Makar, when they had their breakout Norris winning seasons. No pressure lol.  

I think we see career years from Petey, Hughes, Podz, and Brock and Demko, which sounds like a lot to hope for but all are at the age where it's not too much of a reach.

I agree.

I also feel so much more optimistic...last year was so strange in not really understanding what was happening until the full magnitude of it hit. Then learning Petey was injured was actually a big time relief because we had a reason for his personal struggle. Seeing how this team did turn it around under Bruce offers a lot of hope. Some people apply the fact that the first half of last season was a failure meant the TEAM was a failure...but there was more to it. 

Patience is sometimes required and this team healthy and with Bruce behind the bench from the get go is something to be pretty excited about.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I agree.

I also feel so much more optimistic...last year was so strange in not really understanding what was happening until the full magnitude of it hit. Then learning Petey was injured was actually a big time relief because we had a reason for his personal struggle. Seeing how this team did turn it around under Bruce offers a lot of hope. Some people apply the fact that the first half of last season was a failure meant the TEAM was a failure...but there was more to it. 

Patience is sometimes required and this team healthy and with Bruce behind the bench from the get go is something to be pretty excited about.

I used to dread pre-season/camp because there was always roster drama, or contracts with RFAs unsigned and players missing camp. Feels good to roll in with the full squad, all the core pieces are still here. We added, instead of losing key guys to free agency like the past few seasons.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, JoGuitar said:

I used to dread pre-season/camp because there was always roster drama, or contracts with RFAs unsigned and players missing camp. Feels good to roll in with the full squad, all the core pieces are still here. We added, instead of losing key guys to free agency like the past few seasons.

When JT re-signed (thank God) We finally had the answer to the intentions of management. Losing him for futures would have not only sucked on the ice but would have quelled all the positive vibes under Bruce and the ufa signings.

I also think it would have led to Petey losing faith in the long-term outlook and possibly lead to him not wanting to be around.