The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pre-Season [GDT/PGT] Canucks vs/@ Flames (Split Squad) / Sunday, Sept. 25/22 / 4:00 & 5:00 pm

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Just now, iceman64 said:

Rule number one, never read too much into the preseason, new faces and players coming in on top of it all so don't expect much for now, guys are just getting started on getting settled in. 

We don't even know the best line combinations yet and can only know that as we try out guys and see how they do and adjust accordingly but Bruce knows how it's done. 

My only concern right now if Micky is ok, for him personally and for us we need his speed. 

Hope he's ok and be back in soon, we hardly need a blow like that before season start up. 

I remember a few years where we stomped the pre-season competition......and that's about all we did for the rest of the year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Gilbert tried to come across and hit him, missed, Podz took exception turned back gave him a shot back and Gilbert fell to the ice. 

Nice to see that Podz isn’t afraid to stand up for himself. 

Cheers Shooter...

Didn't have the opportunity to watch. 
Yes great to hear that there isca bot of fightvin the boy. We need that. 

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

What I am saying is if we move Pettersson to Miller's line. Move Bo to 2C. Dickinson was unable to fill the void as 3C last year, and Lazar is a no for sure. 

It's probably for the best to run, Petey, Miller and Bo down the middle, but the way Petey looks I want to see him and Miller paired together so they can stack up the points. 

I noticed that right after, Figured i'd let it be and let you roast me a little but youre too nice i guess:lol:

I dont even bother looking into lines too much as they tend to change as the flow of the game changes anyways 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

Anybody else thought Horvat looked slow today?

Bo's timing was noticably off but I would give him a mulligan for a couple games considering he missed a good part of the end of last season.

Timing passes is generally the most noticeable deficiency coming off an injury but is also the easiest thing to get back after some game time.

not a fan of garland on the powerplay.. in order for him to have success on the powerplay he needs to plant himself in front of the net take a beating and get the dirty goal. he's trying to do too much spinning around skating thru traffic etc losing the puck over and over again. objective of the powerplay draw a defender on you and pass it off to the open guys.. not draw the guy on top of you and trying to spin your way out of it. i hope for the rest of the preseason they play the players they expected to be on the same line to start the season in the same games/same line to get going with the chemistry, rather than trying this guy with that guy with some ahler mixed in it. the fringe ahler can mix together and play the 4th line to battle for spots.. eg if boudreau is planning on kuz/ep/mih or podz stick with it the entire preseason so they have time to build chemistry starting the season. last thing we need is for the regular season to roll around the lines are all different again and they starting from scratch in terms of chemistry

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Got the Babych said:

He's 23 so not sure how much more he will get out of the AHL. Boner's been able to impose his will offensively in lesser leagues, but not in the NHL and he's not about to give up that identity. I really doubt he will accept that he's not a Hughes/ Makar/ Karlsson type player at the NHL level and be able to reinvent himself as a do whatever it takes D-Man.

The thing is, he doesnt have the muscle, strength or intensity to play any different.  This is what ive been saying.  We cant go into this year with Rathbone on the club. Hes exactly what we dont want more of. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Who did Hogz play with? 

Hopefully Ilya is ok and will be back soon. This gives Hogz a chance to play with the big boys though. 

I'm disappointed to hear our grit guys like Lazar Dakota didn't do much. Did Dicky look better? 

I swear, we should have just signed Motte. At least we know what we are getting

He was with the same guys in training camp. Dickie looked like he does. Ineffective but I guess good defensively? Part of it might be the team in Calgary barely had any NHLers to help generate any offence. Huberdeau looked deadly out there. You can tell why he was at the top of the league last year. He demands space around him and his hands are silky. 

I just watched the replay of the game in Vancouver. Rathbone looked like he had a great game, so I'm not sure what others are complaining about. He played a ton of minutes, made great passes and had lots of quality shots and chances. Aside from the one giveaway where he was gassed at the end of a shift, I thought he looked like an NHL player and he'll only continue to get better. Even Woo looked quite good. He can also make great passes out of his zone to guys like Petey right on the tape. No glaring mistakes from him all game. Another year should do Woo good. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

He was with the same guys in training camp. Dickie looked like he does. Ineffective but I guess good defensively? Part of it might be the team in Calgary barely had any NHLers to help generate any offence. Huberdeau looked deadly out there. You can tell why he was at the top of the league last year. He demands space around him and his hands are silky. 

I just watched the replay of the game in Vancouver. Rathbone looked like he had a great game, so I'm not sure what others are complaining about. He played a ton of minutes, made great passes and had lots of quality shots and chances. Aside from the one giveaway where he was gassed at the end of a shift, I thought he looked like an NHL player and he'll only continue to get better. Even Woo looked quite good. He can also make great passes out of his zone to guys like Petey right on the tape. No glaring mistakes from him all game. Another year should do Woo good. 

Another year for Woo ?