The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pre-Season [GDT/PGT] Canucks vs/@ Flames (Split Squad) / Sunday, Sept. 25/22 / 4:00 & 5:00 pm

Rate this topic

-DLC-

36 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

What are you talking about? Dermott and Myers are 2nd pairing quality clearly.. Dermott quietly does his job and Myers has the odd gaffe but plays decent usually and scored some timely goals for us last season and is big enough to crease clear which we need badly, Schenn can't be out there to clear Demmer's crease all the time. 

So Myers has that ability and not having it can cost a LOT of goals against us. 

Even Demko can't stop what he can't see.. 

What makes you say Dermott is the second half of a quality 2nd paring? At no point in his career has he been a 2nd pairing D yet. That was his biggest knock in Toronto. He could play good as a 3rd pairing guy, but when he was leaned on for bigger minutes his mistakes started to show.

He has 2nd pairing potential, but at this point he is not a top 4 dman.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

What are you talking about? Dermott and Myers are 2nd pairing quality clearly.. Dermott quietly does his job and Myers has the odd gaffe but plays decent usually and scored some timely goals for us last season and is big enough to crease clear which we need badly, Schenn can't be out there to clear Demmer's crease all the time. 

Dermott is playing for his NHL life right now and we got him for a 3rd round pick, Myers literally scored just 1 goal last year... sorry but nothing you say ever makes any sense.  You need to realize you're talking to a group of Canucks die hards who know everything there is to know about this team and it's players

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

Heh, ONE timely goal for us last year
image.png.f4c576b2ba00d2adf995edba1736d853.png

Sorry, just no to all of what you said. Myers is a solid puck moving defenseman with a big body, but he is pretty bad defensively. He was the second worst in the league for expected goals against, and near the bottom in basically every defensive metric. Eye test backs this up. 

image.thumb.png.213e0ce99339d29033eef0cb7360ef69.png

Also I'm not sure where you get the idea that Dermott is a "clear" second pairing defensemen. Don't get me wrong, I like him, and I think he's got a chance at it, but obviously management doesnt see him as a second pair guy yet, or Boudreau wouldn't have paired DeKeyser with Myers in pre-season, where Boudreau said he's trying his best to create lines that he would want to see when the regular season starts. 

1 hour ago, King Loui said:

Dermott is playing for his NHL life right now and we got him for a 3rd round pick, Myers literally scored just 1 goal last year... sorry but nothing you say ever makes any sense.  You need to realize you're talking to a group of Canucks die hards who know everything there is to know about this team and it's players

You could also take the high road, or a sense of optimism.

Versus pessimistic, the low road.  Dermott is fine as a 3rd pair or 7th D.  Myers contract was done 4 summers ago. It is spilt milk to harp on it?

3 hours ago, King Loui said:

Rathbone was awesome last night.  Lots of mistakes, missed shots, missed opportunities etc but he was electric in a sloppy kind of way which is good considering it was the first preseason game and most guys out there didn't know what the hell was going on.  I have high hopes for this kid. 

Jett Woo on the other hand, absolute bust. 

but, but, but....you mean 'ol Uncle Jim made a mistake in the draft?????  But so many folks said he was the best drafter we ever had!   

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

but, but, but....you mean 'ol Uncle Jim made a mistake in the draft?????  But so many folks said he was the best drafter we ever had!   

Yeah Demko is useless right? Petey sucks? Podz is horrible? Want more?boh wait, we got F'd over so bad in JT as well..  funny, one if the best GM's in the game disagrees with all the other  morons who thought we just got screwed  and now has him signed long term but what the F does he know right?!

Edited by iceman64

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

LOL at least you are consistent. I don't know if anyone else here would have the stones to say they know better than JR 

No I trust in one of the best coaches ever in the NHL to do his job right.. "Bruce there it is" didn't just pop up for no reason

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Yup I'm a huge fan of Brucey too

Nothing to do with fandom in the least, he walked in and helped right the ship and did it from a winning career knowing and honing his craft and who can argue with proof like that? The man just knows what he's doing, period, end of story... Hard to ignore 1000+ wins under his belt along with a Jack Adams to boot. I'd trust that any day, as Quinn Hughes said, you want to run through a wall for that man, why? He knows how to get through to guys and that's his job, that's the part I trust in... 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Nothing to do with fandom in the least, he walked in and helped right the ship and did it from a winning career knowing and honing his craft and who can argue with proof like that? The man just knows what he's doing, period, end of story... Hard to ignore 1000+ wins under his belt along with a Jack Adams to boot. I'd trust that any day, as Quinn Hughes said, you want to run through a wall for that man, why? He knows how to get through to guys and that's his job, that's the part I trust in... 

Um, that's why I'm a fan? It's not only because of his stupidly good looks. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Yeah Demko is useless right? Petey sucks? Podz is horrible? Want more?boh wait, we got F'd over so bad in JT as well..  funny, one if the best GM's in the game disagrees with all the other  morons who thought we just got screwed  and now has him signed long term but what the F does he know right?!

Yep, all those JB drafts got us into deep playoff runs after finishing top 10 in the standings every year of his tenure and have left us with one of those most well coached (TG), feared and skilled teams in the entire league that should finally push thru to a cup victory in just a matter of months.   Why did they ever let him go???  What were they thinking?  His results speak for themselves..............

...............................Oh, Wait !

https://thehockeynews.com/news/diving-deep-into-jim-bennings-draft-history-with-the-vancouver-canucks 

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/in-a-twist-of-irony-benning-leaves-next-canucks-gm-a-near-empty-prospect-cupboard-4833869

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Like 1